Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Default Finding a particular font I used

    Hey there..is there any way to search for a font in my website that I used, that I'd like to replace, but can't seem to find it anywhere?

    I get that splash screen upon uploading the site asking me about this particular font and it's annoying..so I want to replace it but can't seem to find it.

    Thanks,
    Sue

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    21,400

    Default Re: Finding a particular font I used

    if you have designer pro used fonts appear in the font gallery and if you click on the font[s] in question these should then be selected in the document; you may have to click on the font, click on something else in the gallery and then go back and click the font again, sometimes it does not 'wake up' straight away

    I do not know if there are any particular website document considerations, but this works for documents in general

    P&G doe not have the font gallery afaik
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

  3. #3

    Default Re: Finding a particular font I used

    Hi Handrawn. I have Web Designer Premium. I don't think it has a font gallery. Thanks for trying.

    Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    if you have designer pro used fonts appear in the font gallery and if you click on the font[s] in question these should then be selected in the document; you may have to click on the font, click on something else in the gallery and then go back and click the font again, sometimes it does not 'wake up' straight away

    I do not know if there are any particular website document considerations, but this works for documents in general

    P&G doe not have the font gallery afaik

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    21,400

    Default Re: Finding a particular font I used

    sadly i think you are right
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SW England
    Posts
    17,964

    Default Re: Finding a particular font I used

    Quote Originally Posted by SueB View Post
    Hey there..is there any way to search for a font in my website that I used, that I'd like to replace, but can't seem to find it anywhere?
    I get that splash screen upon uploading the site asking me about this particular font and it's annoying..so I want to replace it but can't seem to find it.
    Thanks, Sue
    Sue, there is no direct method.

    Usually people jump in and add Paragraph Styles and forget to change Normal. It is then possible that the end carriage return is in the Normal font and because it is invisible, you don't notice.

    My first suggest would be to change Normal to the main font in use.

    The next is picking through every Text area, column and line in each page and its variants separately.
    You have to become a detective.
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...054#post589054 covers most approaches that I have used.

    The forensic one is expanded here: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...230#post645230.

    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

  6. #6

    Default Re: Finding a particular font I used

    Thanks, Acorn. I think I found it...and it seems it was a "Word" document that used that font...so hoping it's just that and an easy fix.
    So wish they made this easier...sigh.
    Appreciate your input!
    Sue
    Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Sue, there is no direct method.

    Usually people jump in and add Paragraph Styles and forget to change Normal. It is then possible that the end carriage return is in the Normal font and because it is invisible, you don't notice.

    My first suggest would be to change Normal to the main font in use.

    The next is picking through every Text area, column and line in each page and its variants separately.
    You have to become a detective.
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...054#post589054 covers most approaches that I have used.

    The forensic one is expanded here: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...230#post645230.

    Acorn

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    249

    Default Re: Finding a particular font I used

    I keep seeing this need so I've used this TG thread to raise the awareness again. Hopefully, it will be coming to the Plus editions soon.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Finding a particular font I used

    Hello MB365. What programs are you alling the "plus" editions? I hope it's Web Designer Premium!
    Quote Originally Posted by MB365 View Post
    I keep seeing this need so I've used this TG thread to raise the awareness again. Hopefully, it will be coming to the Plus editions soon.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    21,400

    Default Re: Finding a particular font I used

    it will be designer pro+ which is xara's subscription program that you need to re-subscribe to every year; that said it is a lot more up to date
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

  10. #10

    Default Re: Finding a particular font I used

    Thanks, Handrawn. I don't believe in doing the subscription and not owning the software, so that if I ever decide I don't have enough money or don't want to pay, I have nothing.....so yeah, that won't be me...thanks.
    I do re-new the one time per year to update what I have.

    Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    it will be designer pro+ which is xara's subscription program that you need to re-subscribe to every year; that said it is a lot more up to date

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •