Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

When I open animations that were created in X2, I have had a reoccurring problem:

The background color or background bitmaps I have set as the *document background* disappear. They may show up once or twice but then they are gone. AND, when I export the edited animation, the effects of overlaying it over the color / bitmap do not go out with it... Anyone else having this problem / bug??

Cole Schweikhardt
    SID

When I open animations that were created in X2, I have had a reoccurring problem:

The background color or background bitmaps I have set as the *document background* disappear. They may show up once or twice but then they are gone. AND, when I export the edited animation, the effects of overlaying it over the color / bitmap do not go out with it... Anyone else having this problem / bug??

Cole Schweikhardt
    SID

Someone out there has to be doing tranparent animations that lay over web page backgrounds and such... Has anyone else had a disappearing background color or bitmap while the animation is in Xara X? I'm wondering if it's bug or a problem with my PC. Hep me... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

I can recreate the problem over and over...

Cole Schweikhardt
    SID

[This message was edited by Cole on April 05, 2001 at 03:15 PM.]

I just tried this. When I did a preview the space around the animation turns white. Then there is a white square and no background. Is that the same kind of problem that you are having?
    This could be a bug if I am having the same problem?
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Having the same problem in animation--background turns white.

Selecting optimized palette per frame might solve your problem, until next patch.

Luciano
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	option.gif 
Views:	218 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	3967  

There is a bug in all versions of Xara X in the export of animated GIFs from documents which have user defined page backgrounds.

This will be fixed in the forthcoming patch which should be available within about 2 weeks.

Mark Goodall
    Xara Ltd