Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thumbs down Bug Fix XPro+v23.0.1

Thank you Xara for the quick bug fix that corrects internal Widgets from not opening into an edit window.
    I have just tested the Embed a Website widget and it appears to work.

My concern one of you still failing to address the crude error checking of the target URL. It baulks at anything other than (http://, https://, ftp://).
    You have overlooked relative addressing. This is a favourite amongst TGers wanting to access design, children or sibling pages published in their domain.

The other annoyance, not corrected, is the forcing the export of files as html.
    I have had to resave my existing templates to explicitly have this set Off.
    I can see that existing XAR files retain the export setting (default htm) when re-opened but for all your default Templates and my curated one to html is wrong.

I think your Customers deserve some clearer information on the v23.0 release and the fixes today.
    Editing of Web blocks would be useful. This is uncommon, but extremely frustrating:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2023-03-16 173659.png 
Views:	38 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	133495

Is all that is required is to Ungroup the WebBlock, change something and Create the WebBlock from the same selection?
    Similar to your NavBar approach?

With a WebBlock selected, I would have expected pressing F1 to open into the right Help section.

I found https://helpandsupport.xara.com/xara...ch=web%20block
    I had added WB 1. Features (3c) into the mix and following the instruction regarding "Adjusting the height of a Web Block", I discovered it would blow up if I had Smart transform Off, stretched down and recovered by pressing Ctrl+Z (Undo Scale).
    I accidently dragged an image out of the WB; there is no simple way to put it back. Perhaps the Layout Group is for this purpose.

Xara - Blown Web Block.xar

Two WebbBocks, two very different behaviours.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Bug Fix XPro+v23.0.1

Hi Acorn.

The main change in 23.01 was to resolve the problem with the internal widgets. With regards to the Embed a Website widget, we have raised an improvement request

Although we know default to .html, its a positive change to provide the customer with a choice. We regulary recieve support request from customers whose web host requires .html . Forcing the export as .htm export requires only a few clicks and theres also the option of saving a template with export as .html disabled.

Thanks for reporting the problem with block height adjustment and smart transform disabled. This has been logged.

Regarding web block editing, you are correct . Ungroup , make a change and then recreate the web block. Ive noted this and i'm sure we will extend on our instructions in due course.

Bhavesh

Default Re: Bug Fix XPro+v23.0.1

Bhavesh, thank you for the confirmations.

The final niggle for me has to be the layout group.
    Anything inside one is unreachable for modiication.
    Yes you can change text, image, Placeholder and chart detail but not its content or positioning, c.f., "layouts that can be fully customized".

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat