Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Web Blocks - Wrapper Hell

HI. Thank you for your feedback.

The issue with widgets which open in an internal browser window such as embed a website is known and likely to be patched in the coming days. Templates are also being modified to target the scaling issue when resizing pages. It is unclear whether an image will stretch or remain the same size when adding text to blocks so this will also be fed back to the team. Please could you forward the xar file containing the block where you are encountering the JavaScript error ? Apologies if im mistaken, I dont think we altered the A4 double page spread template in this release. I checked earlier versions and no text area is present.

Quote Originally Posted by bb2 View Post
    HI. Thank you for your feedback.

The issue with widgets which open in an internal browser window such as embed a website is known and likely to be patched in the coming days. Templates are also being modified to target the scaling issue when resizing pages. It is unclear whether an image will stretch or remain the same size when adding text to blocks so this will also be fed back to the team. Please could you forward the xar file containing the block where you are encountering the JavaScript error ? Apologies if im mistaken, I dont think we altered the A4 double page spread template in this release. I checked earlier versions and no text area is present.
    Bhavesh, thank you for ythe update.
    Clearly, you have been busy bunnies.

I must have altered the A4 double spread quite a time back. I failed to realise that any update from you would overwrite any local changes. I will resave under a different filename.

To get the JavaScript error I selected inside the Layout of one of the Text Areas and in the Page & Layer gallery, I picked Move to current layer.
    If you then delete it or amend any other text, the error occurs: Xara- Webblock - error on text area deletion.xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn, thanks for the info. I can reproduce the issue. its related to smart layouts and has been logged. Many thanks