Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: How can I get Xara to always display in "mm" (and never in "cm")

No point, I'm still here . I've managed to get Xara Pro+ v23 to download but my system still displays nonsensical units thus:

below 5” displays as pts
    above 5” displays as inches but only as integers

below 5 cm displays as mm’s
    above 5cm displays as cm’s but only integers

And I have no Scaling set.

I don't think this is Shipens issue as he is using scaling.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

now I have an issue, unrelated too i think, and ver 19 specific it seems

if I use the straight line tool with ctrl+drag to force a horizontal/vertical line then the length is reported correctly on the info bar, but the width is said to be 0px; and then entering numeric values no longer works as it should
    never noticed this before, but dont use straightline tool much...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

What happens if you click the 'Scale Line Width' icon HD? I get 0 px height for a 2 px line but clicking this icon changes the display to 2px.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

thanks egg.. no idea how that got toggled, another thing i cannot remember the last time i used
    Nothing lasts forever...

Bit like me with inches/centimeters thing I guess.
    Egg

egg check your windows settings - i can replicate your issue if i set my 'no of digits after decimal' to 0
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    thanks egg.. no idea how that got toggled, another thing i cannot remember the last time i used
    Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    What happens if you click the 'Scale Line Width' icon HD? I get 0 px height for a 2 px line but clicking this icon changes the display to 2px.
    Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    now I have an issue, unrelated too i think, and ver 19 specific it seems
    if I use the straight line tool with ctrl+drag to force a horizontal/vertical line then the length is reported correctly on the info bar, but the width is said to be 0px; and then entering numeric values no longer works as it should
    never noticed this before, but dont use straightline tool much...
    Both, it has been like this since dot. When Scale line width is Off, you have a zero thickness shape with a Line width only. Convert Line to Shape and you get a shape with a Width that was the Line width.
    When Scale line width is On and you Scale the Line the Line width changes but the Width shows the Line width, indicating the Line is still a zero thickness shape; scale zero and you still get zero.
    When you try to add a Width to a Line you cannot because a Line has no Width. If it did you would force a Line to become a Shape.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

egg check your windows settings - i can replicate your issue if i set my 'no of digits after decimal' to 0
    Spot on HD!!! Thanks for that. Problem solved.
    Egg

you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours....

as I said in your original thread, the clue was in watching the video closely...
    Nothing lasts forever...

Nice that I was on the case in https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...904#post653904. it was a tip from @covoxer many years back.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat