Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How can I get Xara to always display in "mm" (and never in "cm")

Hello

How can I get Xara Designer Pro to always show "mm" and never in "cm"?

Background
    I have executed: Right-click on empty space ==> Page Options ==> Units ==> Page Units ==> "Millimeters".

But if the size of the object is greater than 0.5mm, then it suddenly starts showing it in "cm" rather than in "mm".
    e.g. if you manually enter "0.55mm" it is shown as "0.05cm".
    Whereas I would even as large as 301mm to be shown as "301mm", rather than "30.1cm"

Thanks

J

Default Re: How can I get Xara to always display in "mm" (and never in "cm")

are you using pro+

what you describe should not happen, but another member has reported issues with units in pro+

this may be linked and a bug....

https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...e-Unit-Display
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Should this be in Graphics Chat?

Can you create a template with your units of choice? And make it your default template?

Is shouldn't happen. I've just sized up to 12,000mm with no change of units.

If you can define Units, perhaps set 1mil == 1mm and use that?

I also have my MS Windows number accuracy set to 3 decimal figures: Settings > Region > Formats > Additional settings > Numbers.
    Xara's input boxes are quite small but it avoids rounding in a lot of cases.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

any thoughts on what egg's problem is/was, as linked ?
    Nothing lasts forever...

I am using:
    "Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.0.63929 DL x64 Mar 3 2022"

Ah-ha - I have found the culprit!
    I had scaling set at: "1cm" to "10cm".
    I have changed it from "1mm" to "10mm"
    And it now stays in "mm" units.

Thanks all

J

PS Is there an easy way to fix the number of decimal places that are displayed when an object is selected?
    e.g.
    Actual 1.0mm ==> "1mm"
    Actual 1.1mm ==> "1.1mm"
    Actual 1.55mm ==> "1.5mm"
    Actual 1.555mm ==> "1.6mm"

Answered above in #4.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    any thoughts on what egg's problem is/was, as linked ?
    handrawn, Egg has deeper problems as his XPro+v23.0 isn't downloading.

Tiptoe away quietly.

Acorn

i was never here...
    Nothing lasts forever...

I got my coat...