Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: SVG Shape Fills

Lightbulb SVG Shape Fills

There's a lot going on in this demo.

First off, it is for SVG shapes the the Xara Plus products now handle.
    It is usingone SVG shape as a repeating pattern that is used as the fill for another SVG shapes/

In this demo there are no images used so all is crisp at the highest scaling:
    SVG Shape Fills.xar

To make you own pattern, just use Xara.
    In Preview, you can access the source with the browser and find the SVG tags that Xara creates; it works with SVG Paths too.
    It is then a case of copy and paste into the red box's Placeholder as shown.
    I chose 100x100px as my tile size but you can chose any dimensions. The pattern can be seamless and even animated.

The rest is the target Shape needing a Name of htmlclass="filled" and that's it.

The animation is an extra that is changing the Stroke of the SVG.
    Here the forward and reverse flow take 60 seconds each.
    You can change the Line width and Colour.
    It too works on SVG Lines and SVG Shapes, including Wall shadows.

I am looking forward to a time when Xara will incorporate the patterning code and SVG shapes data automatically

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: SVG Shape Fills

Yes, like that a lot. I particularly liked the shadow text effect. Just a quick one messing about with the shadow:
    LINK
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host