Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Set up a website in Xara for smartphone and desktop mode

Hello,
    I have a question about Xara:
    I'm using Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 and I wonder how to create websites that work on desktops and smartphones?
    I don't have a smartphone, but I have a tablet to try it out with.
    If I set the mobile function in the browser (Samsung) on ​​the tablet, I can see my website, but all the link buttons are gone and it looks disfigured.
    If I switch to desktop mode, I see the page normally.
    Is there a way to switch the DESKTOP variant to mobile mode?

Thanks for some tips.

Greetings Paul Michael (pami)
    hp
    My English is not so good, so I write in German and then let Google translate it.

Default Re: Set up a website in Xara for smartphone and desktop mode

Paul, welcome top TalkGraphics.

In a Xara design, you are working with a Responsive method; you need to create a variant for Mobile/Tablet.
    Xara then publishes a width-aware website that shows the Main when wide enough and the Mobile version when the browser width is much smaller.
    You do not need to use the browser switch to mobile as it happens automatically.
    Xara can also include a Scale to Fit Width setting that helps with most mobile/tablet sizes.

Work through https://helpandsupport.xara.com/xara.../variants.html to get an understanding of the method.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat