Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Strange Unit Display

Hi, I have my default units set to pixels. Recently following a thread someone was working in inches and I changed my units to inches and found very strange readings indeed due to displaying units in Points NOT Inches. Could anyone try replicating this for me. I can't understand this behaviour.

PROBLEM
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Strange Unit Display

My guess is when you opened the file with inches as the units of measurement that Xara updated your settings. If you switch back to pixels and save a file (or have pixels in your default template) does that fix the problem?

Cheers Gary. There is & hasn't been any issue with pixels. It's just with inches (and cm's) whereby the units become points NOT inches (or cm's)
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hmm? Sounds like a feature.

I take it you have shut down everything including the computer power, and restarted ? - that looks like a glitch to me
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Yes, done that before posting HD. It's very odd.
    Egg

egg - as far as I can see there are no non-interger values showing at all on the infobar in your video, not even in the XY coordinates as you move the object around, which leads me to suspect your windows settings are 0 numbers after the decimal point otherwise the chances of this are most unlikely

When I changed my windows settings accordingly I got the same issue: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...993#post653993

I hope that helps...
    Nothing lasts forever...

I am having the same problem with both Designer Pro and Page & Layout Designer. Restarting has no effect. Everything was good until a week ago when this problem began. Xara will not accept inch. Always defaults to 72pt.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.PNG 
Views:	52 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	133735

Name:	Capture3.PNG 
Views:	54 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	133736

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	54 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	133737

did you check your windows settings ?
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    did you check your windows settings ?
    There doesn't seem to be a problem with windows settings that I can find. This problem doesn't happen with any other software on this PC.