Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: How to create a seamless pattern from a seamless tile?

lines - yes it's an anti-alias thing - best to work in open GL - or in xara in 'full colour' view quality if you want to avoid it - that is not a bug, it is a consequence of how renderers work - I can make it work that way without issues in harmony

as for the question, that has been answered in this thread regarding seamless tiling in xara has it not ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I used an old program called Patternshop to explain what I was trying to do in Xara.

1- In this image, you see the base tile and 2 patterns created from that tile. The 2 patterns are exactly the same

https://ibb.co/3hp4Q2W

2- When placed together the 2 patterns (A and B) are seamless:

https://ibb.co/XVg5p9V

That (#2) isn't seamless.
    You have a small seamless tile, why are you trying to create a large seamless tile from it. It's causing issues that shouldn't exist.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	133445  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks for all the replies, and suggestions!

I hope this thread helps someone!

I don't see the lines between tiles in Xara. It happens when the file is exported as a PNG.

It's a famous old bug that's been around for many years in images created in Illustrator and Inkscape etc. I called it a bug because I don't think it can be called a "feature".

That can be fixed by changing the settings in Illustrator.

The bug is shown in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFfL0mwTwDM
    Last edited by Ric_NYC; 06 March 2023 at 12:20 PM.

Ric, I think you're missing my point. You have a perfect small seamless tile, no joins created by misplacement, anti-aliasing or anything else. Nothing to do with creating a perfect seamless tile. Having done that you seem to be messing them up creating larger seamless tiles that don't tile seamlessly.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Ric_NYC View Post
    I don't see the lines between tiles in Xara. It happens when the file is exported as a PNG.
    It's a famous old bug that's been around for many years in images created in Illustrator and Inkscape etc. I called it a bug because I don't think it can be called a "feature".
    That can be fixed by changing the settings in Illustrator.
    The bug is shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFfL0mwTwDM
    Then just cut your tile in Xara with a 0px line width or a shape with no line.
    Always set the the dimension to be whole pixels, 2" = 192px, which is fine.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Here is a seamless tile. You can fit it to any shape of any size and it seams perfectly. Why create a larger seamless tile. If you do just ensure your shape is in multiples of the tiles original shape.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seamless-2.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	133446  
    Egg

interesting video Ric but I don't think you understand the process the lady is describing otherwise you would not keep calling this a bug

a bug is something that should not happen for a given process - what we have here is something you do not expect to happen, but which neverthless is a consequence of what was done

the 'fix' is merely using the correct settings to tell PS how to anti-alias the tile for the tiling
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Then just cut your tile in Xara with a 0px line width or a shape with no line.
    Always set the the dimension to be whole pixels, 2" = 192px, which is fine.

Acorn
    beat me to it
    Nothing lasts forever...