Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Hidden Pages on Published Site

Good day, all. Been a while.

I have seen several posts on asking if there is a way to publish your Xara site to the web but have a page or two hidden. I have a promotion page on all epubs and Kindles that offers a free PDF download, which is linked from a page of the book to the web with a clickable download link that opens a hidden page in their browser. After the download, a Thank You page comes up for the buyer. It is not visible to the active website.

The easiest mentioned in the forum is not linking the page not wanting to be shown to any active pages. Is this still the best method?

Serif used to have this function available, and a few other web designer engines, but Xara seems to have left it out. Unless a new version offers it.

If not, is there a way to suggest this function be added to a updated Xara version?

It was very helpful...can't believe it not an option here.

Default Re: Hidden Pages on Published Site

Hello again ArchMed1

I'd create a subdirectory containing your promotion pages. Make them look the same as your main site with same navbars etc linking back to your main site. You could then have the link on your ebooks link to my-site.com/promo/promotion.htm.

Include a <meta name="robots" content="noindex"> tag in the head on these pages to tell bots not to index them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	133398  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Hidden Pages on Published Site

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hello again ArchMed1

I'd create a subdirectory containing your promotion pages. Make them look the same as your main site with same navbars etc linking back to your main site. You could then have the link on your ebooks link to my-site.com/promo/promotion.htm.

Include a <meta name="robots" content="noindex"> tag in the head on these pages to tell bots not to index them.
    Egg, nice to hear from you again. Indeed a while.

Thanks for this. I'm having to build my old business site (not the Xara archaeology magazine site we worked on previously) with Xara since updates are needed and I had used Serif Webplus x6 to build it several years ago.

Serif stopped updating it, and it no longer works on Win 10. While I have an excellent Compaq Vista and Dell Win 7 laptop with Serif installed, I want to move it up to Dell Win 10.

Believe it or not, I am recreating my new Archeon Media site (archeonmedia.com) like your Davora sub-site example, with the Properties .xar being my new Projects sub-site.

Thanks again.