Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Designer Pro+ Help

Clicking Xara Designer Pro+ Help in the Help menu takes me to part formatted help page here.

Also, unlike Xara Web Designer Pro, there is no menu option to download the Help PDF manual.

What am I doing wrong?

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro+ Help

JC, nothing.

The link is correct.
    You have the Xara Desktop button that takes you to the contents.
    Search works the same as the old compiled Help File, which has not been updated since August last year.
    The PDF is equally as stale despite a promise from Xara that it would be published - https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ow-all-On-line.
    Both sit in C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro+\HelpAndSupport\ENG\.

Ever the optimist, I tweaked my Product_eng.cfg file with an extra line:
    PDFManualLink=C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro+\HelpAndSupport\ENG\XaraDesignerProPlus.pdf
    This added the Help Link back into the application, but as I said it is stale.

Why do I do this - I like to work off-line and prefer not to be always connected to the Internet

Your paths may be different.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn, thanks for the Help (excuse the pun).

I did not have the PDF file installed to the folder you specified but have used a copy from Xara Web Designer Pro.

I inserted the statement you suggested without success but am curious where the PDFManualLink parameter exists. Is there an alternative link to the CHM file I have installed in my ....\HelpAndSupport\ENG folder?

Quote Originally Posted by jayceeuk View Post
    Acorn, thanks for the Help (excuse the pun).

I did not have the PDF file installed to the folder you specified but have used a copy from Xara Web Designer Pro.

I inserted the statement you suggested without success but am curious where the PDFManualLink parameter exists. Is there an alternative link to the CHM file I have installed in my ....\HelpAndSupport\ENG folder?
    JC, it is added as the last entry in [Links].

If you get it working you could change the filename to xarax.chm.

An alternative is to add the path (C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro+\HelpAndSupport\ENG\xara.chm) to a Link that is off your design page.
    I have lots of these in a Helper Layer. They never get published, they exist so when you select one the Link to pop-up allows you to click that from the design and the Help opens.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn, I now have the outdated PDF Help file working and the PDF Manual link is available under the Help menu.

As an aside, what parameter should I use in the Links section for CHM files and would the statement precede or follow the PDFManualLink statement?

All I was suggesting is replace the filename.
    The XDA Help Link would still show as PDF Manual.

I did try changing the OnlineKnowledgeBaseLink but that didn't play.
    I thought it might have fired with Help > More... > Support Pages, but it didn't.

Acorn