Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: import mp4

Default import mp4

Hi have tried to search this before possibly going over old ground before seeking the usual wisdom herein.
    I have just produced an mp4 video using cyberlink power director but seem to be unable to drag and drop onto web page and get an "invalid mp4 fire" message. Anyone know what I have a) done wrong as I have dragged and dropped 3rd Party Mp4 before b) have I missed something somewhere? c) help!!

It is about 2mins long 135mb set at 1920x1080

Ken

Default Re: import mp4

Quote Originally Posted by mentorman View Post
    Hi have tried to search this before possibly going over old ground before seeking the usual wisdom herein.
    I have just produced an mp4 video using cyberlink power director but seem to be unable to drag and drop onto web page and get an "invalid mp4 fire" message. Anyone know what I have a) done wrong as I have dragged and dropped 3rd Party Mp4 before b) have I missed something somewhere? c) help!!

It is about 2mins long 135mb set at 1920x1080

Ken
    Ken,

Provided the video itself runs without error, not sure why Xara's Video widget fails. However, for a video of this size I would load the video direct to your server and use a video tag to access it from there.

Basic Video Tag: https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/simpleVideo/
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Xara Designer Pro+ and Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023

Sorry for delay in giving thanks seem to spend a disproportionate amount of time these days keeping the NHS working. Seems to have been a glitch in the video editing programme as I re- did it and it was just dragged and dropped fine into the website then uploaded so it looks like senility is setting in

Ken

I've been through similar struggles with MP4 videos, especially regarding orientation. As an Apple user, iMovie was my go-to for dealing with these issues. It handled MP4 files well, making importing and editing a breeze, and I never had to worry about orientation problems.

As a Windows user, I've switched to a tool that's just as good - Movavi Video Editor. It's the "iMovie for Windows" in terms of functionality and ease of use. Movavi handles all the tasks iMovie does, plus more. Thanks to its intuitive, easy-to-use drag-and-drop interface, it's perfect for beginners. You don't need any previous experience to use Movavi Video Editor, which makes it super convenient for quick edits, including fixing those pesky orientation issues in MP4 files.
    Last edited by Acorn; 24 November 2023 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Link Deleted - TG Rules - no external Links unless Xara designs and no advertising for newbies - try after 20 Posts.

I don't know if this will help, but I've found that there are some mp4 encoders that Xara just doesn't like. So I tend to use DVDFab's video converter (in the "youtube" setting) and that tends to solve most problems for me. I also tend to make them 720p, as that makes buffering less of an issue.

Anyway, hope that helps!