Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Xara DPX19 cannot Download All or anything into Local Design Gallery

Hi acorn, many thanks will post how I get on...have seen v18 for 20 euros but didn't realise they would be compatible with program.

Default Re: Xara DPX19 cannot Download All or anything into Local Design Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by StewKriti View Post
    Hi acorn, many thanks will post how I get on...have seen v18 for 20 euros but didn't realise they would be compatible with program.
    Stewart, I'm interested in the link for 20 euros. Check if they provide a Magix serial number and only install from Magix when registering. If genuine, you should also be able to upgrade to v19.

Remember to Download All and additionally save to other media.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

20 eu sounds a bit low to me; maybe for the basic web designer, but not for the premium version, or designer pro....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Unable to find the text files as you suggested....just downloaded premium 15 Web designer (7 euros) but it is unable to download web content. My guess is that as Magix have now parted company with Xara that any new installs will have the same issues...just kicking myself for not copying all the downloaded content before my ssd failed...

as far as I can see the path acorn gave in post #10 is for pro+ not for the version you had

\XtremeProSu b\Sub\
    being program specific, you may need to look for a variant path that covers your old program
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    as far as I can see the path acorn gave in post #10 is for pro+ not for the version you had

being program specific, you may need to look for a variant path that covers your old program
    handrawn, all true.
    I should have typed:
    C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Xara\(XDA)\19\Ca che\designs\eng\
    or similar, where each users adds in their Windows logon name and the product type (of which there are so many). so you need to navigate to C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Xara\ to find your XDA folder name.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Morning

Still no luck finding the content....can find folders but there is nothing in them apart from a Xara preview image of one item. Download Buyer on Ebay has now informed me that they are in the process of removing Magix products because of the split between Magix & Xara - so no luck there then...

Quote Originally Posted by StewKriti View Post
    Morning
    Still no luck finding the content....can find folders but there is nothing in them apart from a Xara preview image of one item. Download Buyer on Ebay has now informed me that they are in the process of removing Magix products because of the split between Magix & Xara - so no luck there then...
    Stewart, thank you for the update. I have never understood Xara's need to put most of its functionality behind a paywall and then make things so flaky.

You could trawl TG and download its XAR and WEB files and painstakingly rebuild components from those used.
    You could grad a couple od Xaratemplates.com free templates, images and components or even buy XBuilder.

A SPECULATION
    I have always wondered what Xara could do if someone simply published all their assets into the Cloud.
    The EULA has a Restrictions section that covers:
    1. The templates, graphics, textures, photos and fonts supplied with the Software cannot be redistributed, sold or published as an image collection or part of an image collection, specifically but not exclusively they cannot be included in template, clip-art, font, texture or photo collections whether on websites or distributed on electronic media such as CDs or disks, nor can they be included as part of another product, in any form whether commercial or otherwise. Notwithstanding the foregoing you may include the template, graphic, photo or font as part of your project which may be used for your own or your customer's purposes, subject to Clause 3 below.
    If one has to download the Components, they are not part of the 'Software'. Equally, one could set up a project for a customer where you supply its components. I would argue that any MagiXara customer should expect reasonable access to templates or components as the use of the 'Software' is perpetual.

Acorn

you know, I don't see in the EULA anything that prohibits a user with a valid license supplying another user with a valid license any of this asset; the question is would this be 'redistribution' in the legal sense...
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    you know, I don't see in the EULA anything that prohibits a user with a valid license supplying another user with a valid license any of this asset; the question is would this be 'redistribution' in the legal sense...
    +1

For all my licensed Xara products I now have 304k objects taking up 25.8GB, all in my AppData folder. Double that for a second machine.
    I find that for Xara to force this into my speedy C:\ SSD is a very precarious and fragile and unwanted location.
    I would appreciate any Xara assistance, or any expert, to advise us on the creation of Directory Junction so I could park these objects on a slower and bigger data drive (actually, mine is still SSD) but the point is I don't need 'instant' access to these just have them exist. Ideally, I would want a NAS or Cloud storage. I have never done this as I do not know how Xara manages updates and downloads from the OCC or or mechanisms it might use. Too much to lose.

The OCC might be better implemented if only is didn't die when a licence expired.

More components should be part of the software build into C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro+\basefiles.

Acorn