Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Xara DPX19 cannot Download All or anything into Local Design Gallery

Hi,

Xara DPX19.0.1.65946 - desktop version.

Is is just me or is Download All fron the Online Content Catalog no longer working.

I have tried the Download All in the recent past and again today. It doesn't work anymore. For testing, I used Tables. I have 17 in my Local Design Gallery, but there are 22. I tried Download All twice, to no avail.

Under Local Designs Gallery, I also tried More, Update now. Nothing.

Thanks,
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Default Re: Xara DPX19 cannot Download All or anything into Local Design Gallery

In my case it's working but yesterday there seemed to be a server problem.

To see if a download is proces, I click one of the categories, right-click and select download all. Then I select another category and now the text "...downloading" appears next to the Local Designs Gallery label.

Default Re: Xara DPX19 cannot Download All or anything into Local Design Gallery

@Boy

Yes, "....downloading" normally appeared but no longer does.

Access to the OCC has been extraordinarily good today. I got in first time and every time, over a dozen times, but the download does not work.

A user on the Magix.info forum has complained today about not being able to get in and gets the timeout 502 error.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Elsewhere, it was reported Magix was having server issues.
    If you used v19.0.0 and its Download All previously then it will still be all there in your local cache.

Separately but potentially affecting forthcoming Magix updates, Xara chose to remove Download All from XPro+.
    I raised this with Xara quite a time back and the response was it wasn't on its Technical Road Map but it might be reconsidered.

This removal now forces you to pick one item at a time for new entries and updates.
    (@John, five new tables, one at a time is workable but for XPro+, Xara recently added hundreds of Overlays)
    It is a clear horlicks of a situation.

You may find you have to jump through hoops should be be a v20 as it will be considered to be a fresh install.

The other naff aspect is Xara imposes the download location of the cache to be under the /AppData/Local/ folder with no means of altering this.
    Xara will states you can always use the Disc designs button.

What I find ironic is Xara's positional statements in https://www.xara.com/compare-plusplans/:
    User-inspired roadmap & product delivery
    Beta features, feedback collection and feature requests available.
    TGers should raise this with Xara directly: https://www.xara.com/contact-us/.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn,

Yes, I have done Download All several times over the last year, but it has not worked for me for a few months now. John E. Baker on the Magix.info forum noted that he managed to get a download of a missing item and " it took ages to download measured in single figure B/s."

I still have problems getting to the OCC, so I finally, just now, programmed CTRL+Alt+Shift+K to a button on my ShuttlePro.

I have imported a few of the missing tables, but how does one add these to the Local Designs Gallery?
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Quote Originally Posted by browj2 View Post
    Hi Acorn,
    Yes, I have done Download All several times over the last year, but it has not worked for me for a few months now. John E. Baker on the Magix.info forum noted that he managed to get a download of a missing item and " it took ages to download measured in single figure B/s."
    I still have problems getting to the OCC, so I finally, just now, programmed CTRL+Alt+Shift+K to a button on my ShuttlePro.
    I have imported a few of the missing tables, but how does one add these to the Local Designs Gallery?
    John, I didn't realise that Magix had mangled the OCC service that much.

The simplest method would be to put your items into \ local folder and use Disc designs button to add this local folder to the Local Designs gallery.
    When you do this a file and a folder are created.
    The file is catindex.txt with a commented first line identifying its path.
    The folder is xarinfo and is blank but should hold PNG thumbs of your XAR files.
    To get these thumbs, you right-click on the blue folder and pick Generate thumbs > Standard sizes or what ever you need.

If you want to get the XARs into the correct Xara folder, you need to identify the path from the OCC.
    You might then have to add to the current catindex.txt file, the detail you created earlier and cross-load in the PNGs to the existing xarinfo folder if Generate thumbs is not available.

I hope this covers the issues you may face.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi - I have Xara Web Designer Premium 19.0.0.64291 and have had to reinstall the program due to SSD failure...I had previously downloaded all the content to page & gallery layout but didn't realise the reinstall would overwrite the files in local user files...
    Like everyone else I am unable to renew update (expired 27th July) and this website is a community project (neapoli-crete.com) and we cannot afford to subscribe on yearly basis at this time. I have now lost all the templates, photo frames, components etc. etc.
    Is there any way of downloading the content from somewhere?

Many Thanks

Stewart

I think the best option is to ask Xara if they can help you, via the chat on xara.com
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi - messaged Xara and had good offer of subscription as non-profit site but need to see if I can get some funding for project...

I have done a search for catindex.txt and windows explorer found 398 files in total...I found the templates for my websites and the one I use is the non-profit one (see screenshot) and one is named OLD and this catindex :-
    # @PREVIEW
    # Folder Revision:58550
    non-profit_about_page.xar, About Page, , P,,,,,,2049572856
    non-profit_blank_page.xar, Blank Page, , P,,,,,,3768031280
    non-profit_contact_page.xar, Contact Page, , P,,,,,,23930594
    non-profit_gallery_page.xar, Gallery Page, , P,,,,,,1548940434
    non-profit_index_page.xar, Index Page, , P,,,,,,339414610
    non-profit_news_page.xar, News Page, , P,,,,,,3437109315
    non-profit_teams_page.xar, Teams Page, , P,,,,,,428910800
    non-profit_website.xar, Website, , P,,,,,,594592152

The template does not show up when I load the site or any other files I had downloaded before SSD failed?

Many Thanks

Stewar

Stewart, my catindex.txt is the same apart from the '# @PREVIEW' statement, which is probably saying Xara needs you to access the Online Content Catalogue.

You need to search for your Cache files, the path would be
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Xara\XtremeProSu b\Sub\Cache\designs\eng\websites\businesswebsites\ nonprofit\ to find the text file.
    If you have the design files, they will be in the same folder.

if you had other version back to v17, you could look there as the design has not changed since March 2020.

Acorn