Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Xara DPX19 cannot Download All or anything into Local Design Gallery

Thanks for all the info and I totally agree with having these components available as downloads
    From repository. When I purchased the wb designer it was never my plan to subscribe to monthly payments! My objective was to find a programme I could continue to use for all projects and it does seem very petty that having purchased this software and not being able to access these components due my failure to download them while the "lincence"was valid and before my ssd failed...a very frustrating situation....

Default Re: Xara DPX19 cannot Download All or anything into Local Design Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by StewKriti View Post
    Hi - I have Xara Web Designer Premium 19.0.0.64291 and have had to reinstall the program due to SSD failure...I had previously downloaded all the content to page & gallery layout but didn't realise the reinstall would overwrite the files in local user files...
    Like everyone else I am unable to renew update (expired 27th July) and this website is a community project (neapoli-crete.com) and we cannot afford to subscribe on yearly basis at this time. I have now lost all the templates, photo frames, components etc. etc.
    Is there any way of downloading the content from somewhere?

Many Thanks

Stewart
    Is this the site we are talking about: https://www.neapoli-crete.com/index.htm? It looks like your site started life as a Not-for-Profit template but moved on significantly from that template with the addition of a mobile variant and new page formats. Other than the colour theme and some minor elements, you could, if you had to, start from scratch. The NfP template (with a modified Navbar to show a submenu as per your current site) is here:

Not-for-Profit.xar

Other than being a time-consuming exercise you could likely rebuild / reverse engineer your published site via access to the source code objects. Did your reinstall overwrite the backups in App Data/Local /Xara/ XtremePro/19/Backups?

In terms of other components, your site has a couple of Accordion sliders, but they can be replicated too.

Not a help to you right now, but I save all my design files and the Designs cache to OneDrive.
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Xara Designer Pro+ and Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023

Hello Initiostar, Thanks for the advice and link to NFP file...

The NFP template that came with the web site designer v19 I purchased already had the mobile variant configured - that was one big reason I chose to use this website template as the basis for the site. The xar file you kindly linked to does not include the mobile variant. There were other website templates that I also downloaded in case other people wanted designs making - although TBH as a novice user this site took me a lot longer than I thought! It is just so frustrating that I am unable to gain access to these components that were downloaded and included in my purchase from Xara via Magix...I have all these listed but there is no content and as you suggested using a backup file I had hoped that these dependencies would have installed when I opened the backup - but no such luck! I have tried to attached screenshots of the trees but only to upload the one?

Quote Originally Posted by StewKriti View Post
    Hello Initiostar, Thanks for the advice and link to NFP file...

The NFP template that came with the web site designer v19 I purchased already had the mobile variant configured - that was one big reason I chose to use this website template as the basis for the site. [1]The xar file you kindly linked to does not include the mobile variant. There were other website templates that I also downloaded in case other people wanted designs making - although TBH as a novice user this site took me a lot longer than I thought! It is just so frustrating that I am unable to gain access to these components that were downloaded and included in my purchase from Xara via Magix...I have all these listed but there is no content and as you suggested using a backup file I had hoped that these dependencies would have installed when I opened the backup - but no such luck! I have tried to attached screenshots of the trees but only to upload the one?
    [1] Relatively easy to provide you with a updated template that has a mobile variant if that helps?

[2] Do you have digital access to the original photos and videos? If not, and assuming you have FTP access to your site, you can download the folder "index_htm_files". This will have the photos and videos on your site - you would need to give them meaning names, but they should all be there.

[3] The site is working right now, so you have time to reconstruct it in the background if you need to; you have a Facebook page you can use to supplement the current website content.

I agree it is disappointing to lose access to the online catalogue, but there is not much on your site that cannot be reconstructed without it; there are alternatives where necessary too.

The challenge is that all this is time-intensive.
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Xara Designer Pro+ and Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023

Hello -

The site is all okay when I load the pages, including the mobile variant...my bugbear is losing all the other components that I had downloaded
    and to be able to use these as and when I wanted them...As you say the site is up and running and I will have to continue with what I have and see how it goes...