Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I hope there's a couple of you out there that'll read this.

Long story short, I created a website for a client who later asked me if I could create a secure area for a specific client's need to know the status of orders and shipments, updated on a daily basis. So, through a friend of a friend, we found someone to do it and the system was developed in (or with) Cold Fusion for an ODBC database. The host couldn't handle SQL. A "bare bones" system was created and after some testing, some tweaking was needed. Now, we are over a barrel with this person as he is constantly nickel and diming us and NOT providing the results we asked for. I have since got the scoop on this fella and I won't get into details here.

Bottom line, we need to make some simple changes to how info is written to the database in order to make our lives easier. I'm no CF expert, but I personally think these fixes are simple to one who "sees" the code.

I leave an email for anyone who is interested in helping out, of course, for a fee. Contact me, and I will fill you in on more specifics.

Thanks for your time.

My Email

P.S. Jen, I read Dale's previous post on learning more about these aspects and noticed your link led to an error page. Thought i'd let you know this. Thanks anyway.

Regards, Wayne

I hope there's a couple of you out there that'll read this.

Long story short, I created a website for a client who later asked me if I could create a secure area for a specific client's need to know the status of orders and shipments, updated on a daily basis. So, through a friend of a friend, we found someone to do it and the system was developed in (or with) Cold Fusion for an ODBC database. The host couldn't handle SQL. A "bare bones" system was created and after some testing, some tweaking was needed. Now, we are over a barrel with this person as he is constantly nickel and diming us and NOT providing the results we asked for. I have since got the scoop on this fella and I won't get into details here.

Bottom line, we need to make some simple changes to how info is written to the database in order to make our lives easier. I'm no CF expert, but I personally think these fixes are simple to one who "sees" the code.

I leave an email for anyone who is interested in helping out, of course, for a fee. Contact me, and I will fill you in on more specifics.

Thanks for your time.

My Email

P.S. Jen, I read Dale's previous post on learning more about these aspects and noticed your link led to an error page. Thought i'd let you know this. Thanks anyway.

Regards, Wayne