Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default inserting a video gets a "Unsupported viewing environment" message

Hello. I am using Xara Web Designer Premium 19.0.0.64291 DL x64 May 3 2022.
    I don't know if this is the latest version.

Reason for Posting.
    When I add a MP4 video to a webpage I get the message in large capitals "Unsupported viewing environment".
    When I publish to the web the video appears perfectly ok! This is fine by me, but I would like to know why the program thinks its unsupported.

I have always included videos on my web pages the same way. That's by selecting a square shape and using it as a HTML place holder followed by inserting the video code.
    Any idea's?

regards
    Joned

Default Re: inserting a video gets a "Unsupported viewing environment" message

Joned, the encoding of the MP4 might not be one that Xara recognises. Your Windows might not have the right media pack, although if it subsequently plays, this is probably not the issue.

Most videos are not square format.
    If you are loading videos that have different sizes to your Placeholder, you may be hiding other parts of your website.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: inserting a video gets a "Unsupported viewing environment" message

Thank you.
    As I have always done I make the placeholder rectangle box exactly the same size as in the video code. Fortunately the video displays fine on the web so unless anything else develops I'll keave as is.
    Thanks for your input Acorn.