Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Web Designer Premium hangs when publishing site

HI,
    My problem is with Xara Web Designer Premium. Occasionally, when I go to publish my website, it starts the conversion and reaches about 24% at which point it hangs the programme. If I leave it for long enough it will finally wake up again and jump to publishing to the web. That usually results in corruption of the web pages (wrong font styles and sizes). I have checked each page separately by previewing it and they all work fine. I then repeat the whole process and eventually it will load properly. Any ideas as to how I can debug this issue?

Default Re: Web Designer Premium hangs when publishing site

Can you publish with something like FileZilla? I'm not sure what else to suggest but one of the members will certainly have some more suggestions.

It hangs as you may not have enough memory. Close everything and try again.

The next usual oversight is not optimizing your images.

Any corruption is probably just caching on your server.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

How much memory do I need? My laptop has 8 Gbytes RAM. Document Information tells me that my website uses 159Mbytes, Bitmap size 97Mbytes. Est Optimised size 45 Mbytes

I have always optimised my images and cleared the cache when publishing.

Quote Originally Posted by DouglasG View Post
    How much memory do I need? My laptop has 8 Gbytes RAM. Document Information tells me that my website uses 159Mbytes, Bitmap size 97Mbytes. Est Optimised size 45 Mbytes
    I have always optimised my images and cleared the cache when publishing.
    Douglas, it's not static sizes that count, it is how much Xara has to internalise when building the design.

If you open Task Manager or the Resources Monitor and publish, watch how much Memory is being used.

If it is choking with 8GB then you could increase Virtual memory (System Properties > Advanced > Performance > performance Options > Advanced > Virtual memory).
    That might help.

More RAM is always more useful.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat