Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Adding tags for h1

Hello all.

1) Does Google or the other search engines differentiate between a clear and simple <h1> tag and one as a class, ie. <h1 class="xr_tl Heading_1" style= . . .">? If so, has that been proven somehow, such as a direct comparison using both? I assume in theory Google would know it was the same, but would like some confirmation. Semrush and ahrefs point out that overly complex code, as opposed to those that have most style material in a separate css file, could affect SEO negatively. Both sites also marked my missing <h1> tags as an error to be fixed.

2) If it's still not proven, then how best to get it placed? I did use the placeholder technique, but as another user mentioned, that's a bit sloppy and varies by browser or screen size. I never tried comparing it with mobile. I have used all versions from WD 7 to recent.

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Starhunter; 15 February 2023 at 05:21 AM. Reason: clarify

Default Re: Adding tags for h1

Starhunter does not care about CSS so H1 tags with or with CSS styles is unimportant.
    A lot of Xara's CSS is coded in a separate file but some is still in-line. Again unimportant unless you are coding by hand.

SEO is a gimmick, aim for better Accessibility, proper H-tagging and good textual content with all major ALTs populated.
    There was a time SEO gurus asserted one H1 tag a page was essential. Google understands nested DIVs and accepts multiple H1 tags are OK (c.f. Xara constructs with Variants).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thumbs up Re: Adding tags for h1

Thanks for feedback. Sounds logical.