Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

John Clements said

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>You may also find that Elliptical fills and transparencies can save a lot of frustration in trying to achieve certain effects ... something you simply can't do in DRAW.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not easy but it can be done, embraced and extended.

I personally don't use the feature but CorelDRAW has a little used feature in my experience called Full Color Pattern transparency / fill. It allows you to take any vector drawing, say a blend group of ellipses /rectangles and in later version mesh fill, which you can use as a transparency mask or fill.

I have managed to replicate Xara effects using this method, the end result is not very editable you have to keep tinkering with the blend group pattern saving and re applying until it is correct but it can be done.

Peter
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt

As suggested, got the demo and have not been able to put it down. Very nice tool. Still feel I could do things in Corel7, but the layout is very good and the interactivity improved.

Just thought I'd add this post for anyone that read my initial question.

I'd say if you don't have any package - there is no question. If you do I think its' worth checking out. My view right now is I'm going to use it for the next 29 days and if the new toy feel has not worn off (I don't think it will) I'm in the Xara club :-)

Then I can confidently say, welcome to the world of Xara!

Michael Ward</p>

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Turan,

after I've installed the XARA X patch 1.0c for the CD version, I converted all Corel files and uninstalled Corel from my machines (the last reason was the new kerning feature in XARA X).

IMHO XARA X is even better in node editing than Corel, because it's a lot faster. Last but not least the object oriented approach can't be beat by anything else.

Until today I've never regret this move.

jens
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--