Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: uploaded copy of angelaid.com by ftp -to angelaid.org - . org mostly broken

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Then I can't understand why your .org site is referencing the .com index_htm_files folder in places and not the .org siteindex_htm_files folder?

And foror example https://angelaid.com/index_htm_files/ani.css is there.

But https://angelaid.org/index_htm_files/ani.css isn't.

I'd recommend deleting the content of the org site all together and publish afresh using Xara's publish feature.

I dont understand either - it was sent from within xara - using the publish feature -- - angelaid.com has been up for years - .org was only published from xara (same xar file) yesterday - will delete and republish

Default Re: uploaded copy of angelaid.com by ftp -to angelaid.org - . org mostly broken

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Using Xara, your settings should look like the following:
    Utilities > Web Properties > Publish (tab) > Other Web Host (radio button) > Settings (button) and fill in your details.

Attachment 133350

this is exactly how i published -

Try FTPS instead of FTP.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

doing the happy dance ) (not a great site for a75 year old overweight redhead ) it is working - deleted everything three times -- uploaded three times - changed the ftp settings several times - and the last one worked put it under the html_public folder as godaddy wanted and used ftps -- after 24 hours and 6 hours on the phone with yahoo(horror)/godaddy(great)/filezilla(no answer) you folks are my heros )) angelkisses

Excellent news.

If you aren't too apprehensive to upload again, you may want to have a look at the page Tashia, it's pushed over to the right.

Also, the images of your logo. If you select the image(s) and go to Utilities > Web Properties > Image (tab) > Lossless Compression PNG (radio button), you will find the image will lose the rectangle surrounding it.

Glad to hear it
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I think you've got the right answer to the wrong question. Wouldn't it be better to have the .org domain parked or pointed at the .com so that you only have one website?