Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default uploaded copy of angelaid.com by ftp -to angelaid.org - . org mostly broken

used ftp to upload copy of angelaid.com to angelaid.org --.org mostly on top of each other - please help - love this program for 20 years - and seem to be getting oldtimers no idea how to fix

Default Re: uploaded copy of angelaid.com by ftp -to angelaid.org - . org mostly broken

Not sure what the issue is but 'mostly on top of each other' might mean that you have to refresh your browser by pressing Ctrl + F5.

Default Re: uploaded copy of angelaid.com by ftp -to angelaid.org - . org mostly broken

It's not a refresh problem Boy as I've never visited either sites before but the .org site is a complete mess. All I can suggest Arlene is that you are cross referencing between two domains. For example all your images on the org site are referencing ones on the .com site i.e.: https://angelaid.com/index_htm_files/1066@2x.png

Are you using Xara's publishing method to upload the org site? It doesn't look like it.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

The site looks like you didn't upload the index_htm_files folder, or it's in the wrong place, or renamed.

How are you uploading, through Xara, or an FTP program?

Snap Chris!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Snap Chris!
    'Great minds think alike', or, 'fools seldom differ'. Your call.

Once this problem is fixed, I'm sure the pair of us can fix the logo background too. But one at a time. First things first.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AngelAid.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	133349

uploaded both ways - same result (filezilla - and xara via publish to other ftp -- godaddy suggests files to be uploaded to a "public_html" folder - but i tried it that way and in the home directory

uploaded both ways - same result (filezilla - and xara via publish to other ftp -- godaddy suggests files to be uploaded to a "public_html" folder - but i tried it that way and in the home directory

Then I can't understand why your .org site is referencing the .com index_htm_files folder in places and not the .org siteindex_htm_files folder?

And foror example https://angelaid.com/index_htm_files/ani.css is there.

But https://angelaid.org/index_htm_files/ani.css isn't.

I'd recommend deleting the content of the org site all together and publish afresh using Xara's publish feature.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 09 February 2023 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Amended
    Egg

Using Xara, your settings should look like the following:
    Utilities > Web Properties > Publish (tab) > Other Web Host (radio button) > Settings (button) and fill in your details.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AngelAid1.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	134.7 KB 
ID:	133350
    Last edited by Chris M; 09 February 2023 at 09:18 PM. Reason: spacing