Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Question Never tried Green Screen ie;Chroma Key

Hello and it's been a while since I was here, hope all is well.

Working with Chroma Key / Green Screen within Xara Photo & Graphics designer, or is this not an option at all?
    I am inquiring in an attempt to assist my daughter as she learns to work with the Xara programs I own.

Thanks, SGTDRE

Default Re: Never tried Green Screen ie;Chroma Key

What is your latest Xara software version?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

If you have the Photo Tool > Select Colors to Enhance tool, click on the green background then right click and select Make Transparent. There are sliders to expand or contract the range of the green background. You might also have to select several areas (one at a time) and make them transparent.

This works best if the objects to be masked do not have any green in them.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtDre View Post
    Hello and it's been a while since I was here, hope all is well.

Working with Chroma Key / Green Screen within Xara Photo & Graphics designer, or is this not an option at all?
    I am inquiring in an attempt to assist my daughter as she learns to work with the Xara programs I own.

Thanks, SGTDRE
    chroma is a video technique; so in what way do you wish to use it in xara ? [which is not a video program]

if you mean remove the chroma background from stills, then gary's answer is the way to go....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thank you to all. Xara Photo & Graphics Versions 16 & 19, but yes, the green screen in photographic stills is what I am referring to. I apologize for not stating so. Will inform when my daughter and I get to work that out and we'll show a sample!

I apologize for not stating so
    no problem

if these are chroma images specifically produced as professional standard stills then all should be well, as they should not have any green in the subject; if they are on the fly captures from a video it may not be that straightforward
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi all, my name is Sam, my father SGTDRE who started the thread, helped me to figure out the green screen in Xara with the help of the information from y'all. Thank you very much, it's very much appreciated, and I do apologize for not getting to it sooner, I've been bogged down with recording and editing videos for my YouTube channel. The attached photos are before and after. However, I couldn't get the original 6480x3648 photo that my camera output to post since it was so big, I had to scale it down to 1520x1080, even though the after photo is 5393x2963, which is what Xara put out and it's larger than my monitor.

Either way, here's what I did and how it looks! I know it needs a bit of polishing. I had a bit of a hard time, there was red dot that came up with a cross in it and I needed to use the erase tool. Overall, in order to finish the photo I needed to use the erase tool, but I'm sure that's partly to do with how shiny the object I tested it on is. I'm sure if it were a different object this would have worked just fine.

Thanks again for the pointers and information. Have a good one, Ya'll!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Green Screen Test.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	133403   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	green screen test (2).jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	116.5 KB 
ID:	133404  

Sam, thank you for sharing.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Great to see your work Sam! Good stuff.

Just some pointers:

VIDEO
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Great to see your work Sam! Good stuff.

Just some pointers:

VIDEO
    I apologize for not replying sooner, I've been a bit caught up with other things and didnt get the chance to watch it. I appreciate the information and it was very useful! I know it wasnt the best example but it was just something the play around with to get a feel for this effect. My error, I should have stated it sooner, it's actually green felt not just green paper. Again, this was just to get a feel for the effect. I did actually create another image with Xara and I believe it actually looks very good. It's a thumbnail for a video my father has made.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tables Have Turned_02.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	125.3 KB 
ID:	133479

I also created another image with a bit help from my father as well as from all ya'll. I also believe it turned out very good.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GZR Cubed_11.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	215.8 KB 
ID:	133480

Again, I apologize for the late reply and greatly appreciate all the help and information you all have provided.
    Last edited by Spectra13; 11 March 2023 at 12:33 AM.