Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Sticky objects

Default Sticky objects

Is there any way i can add scroll animation to
    Sticky objects? I know xara won't allow this but
    I wonder if there is any workaround. Thanks in advance

Default Re: Sticky objects

Andre, I think, possibly, you are asking for either Stick at Top or Scroll > Parallax.
    Clearly, Parallax can go off the top of the page and the rate can be different to the vertical scrolling of the page.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

What I try to do is to have a photo slide in on clicking a button but when I continue scrolling the page the picture remains at the same position it entered (sticky). That's seems impossible in xara unless there is some way to work around. Thanks for your time Acorn anyway

Initiostar showed me this one:

Create a layer and create whatever you want to show in the pop-up/fly-out
    Select all the objects on the layer and cut (ctrl+x)
    Select MouseOff in the Page & Layer Gallery
    Paste the objects in place (Shift+ctrl+v)
    Do not click anywhere else, KEEP THE OBJECTS SELECTED
    Utilities > Web Animations > Reveal/Scroll (tab) > Reveal Animation (radio button) > drop down the menu and choose your animation > OK (button)
    Utilities > Web Sticky/Stretchy > Sticky (radio button)
    KEEPING THE OBJECTS SELECTED, cut (ctrl+x)
    Select the layer in the Page & Layer Gallery
    Paste in place (Shift ctrl+v)

If you alter anything on the layer, you are likely to break the magic. If you do, just repeat the above.
    It's the sticky that stops things working.

@Chris, the ask requires the animated image to also be sticky.

The following is a pure Xara solution but it is a bit squirrely: Xara - Sticky Web Animation Shape.xar

The trick is to use another sticky shape on the popup layer as a trigger.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Provided you do not have a link to a layer, you can add any animation you want to it; you would add any links thereafter. Where one does have a link, just disable it while you create the animation and re-enable it afterwards. The Xara restriction makes no sense and would be easy to fix.

Slightly different approach to Chris and Acorn : https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/sticky-animated-popup/

You can have multiple animations too: Sticky-Animation.xar

This to me is more a design issue than a technology one.
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Xara Designer Pro+ and Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023

All methods appear to also have a failing if you have multiple shapes with different times and delays, all work for the first triggering but get mangled together thereafter.

Acorn

All approaches working, with the best in my case scenario been "initiostar". But I am saving all in my goodies folder for future reference. Thank you Acorn, Chris and initiostar for taking the time to solve my problem