Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Large banner size (>65')

Hi All,

I'm designing several banners for a client, one of which is very large (8' x 120'). However, when I try to enter these paper sizes in page options, I get an error message that says the max size is "about 65'". Any workaround for this, other than to scale it down and send to the printer with instructions?

Default Re: Large banner size (>65')

hiviz, even at 5% scaling a 60ft wide page requires a monitor with 60,000 pixels across.
    Working at this real-world scale will be wholly impractical.

It is easier to set Options > Scaling to make 1cm (Drawing) equal 1 foot (real-world).
    All dimensions are entered in feet.
    Change to 1cm = 12in to get dimensions in inches.

In either case, the pixel width is 4539px so you can view at 50% for the whole thin.
    For fine detail, you can scale the page to 25601% so little will be too small to view.

Each object can be select and scaled with Shift+Ctrl+Z for fine work.

Obviously set printer marks at 0 through to 120 feet so your printer knows how big to scale up.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn,

I was able to scale the document but...and I'm hesitant to ask this question given your "obviously" preface to the need to reset printer marks...but...how do I do that?

hiviz, it is within File > Print > Options > Options button > Imagesetting.
    You also have to set the PDF to output them:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2023-02-02 113037.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	133329

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat