Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: MS Expression Graphic Designer CTP

Perhaps I have an answer or two:

I participated in the Microsoft version to come after 3.3. It was terrific, and in Microsoft's traditional style, they screwed it up beyond belief when it was finally released. They had terrific new features such as HSV jitter, so recursive objects you draw will be just a touch different than the previous.

It's hard if not impossible to find the Creature house Expressions v 3.3. Last I knew, if you nosed around Microsoft's site, you might find it.

I'm still using 3.3 because there ain't a feature in MS's release that isn't in 3.3 except perhaps the Microsoft release has a dumb interface.

I'm more than a little pissed off that they has a wonderful version up to the night of the release, and then ruined it, especially because I had a book written, ready to publish, but couldn't because the UI changed.

But I'm running Windows 10 at 1440px progressive and aside from some wonky palette placements when you try to move them, all's good with this ancient program that has not been surpassed in its niche.

Oh, and 3.3 can still import a Xara clipboard copy as vectors.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Expression 33.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	195.7 KB 
ID:	133321

My best,

Gary
    Last edited by Barbara B; 30 January 2023 at 06:46 PM. Reason: I mispelled my own friggin' name