Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BUtton Problem

Default BUtton Problem

Hiya Guys

I really hope someone can help with this, its been doing my nut in for the last two days.

I`m putting a new page onto the website which will have a button on it for a link. For some reason though the buttons won`t show on the webpage when uploaded, the only thing that appears is the buttons text which is hyperlinked. I`ve cross checked other pages with buttons and the settings are exactly the same so its confusing me. All existing pafges are displaying perfectly

The oddest one was duplicating an existing page and renaming it. This worked perfectly when uploaded but when I went to change the text to what is required the button reverted to the text hyperlink.

Am I going mad?

Default Re: BUtton Problem

First thing I'd suggest is ensure you are running Xara as administrator.
    Secondly Ctrl + F5 when viewing your site in a browser.
    If this doesn't work, get back.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Am I going mad?
    Yes. Please get help as soon as possible.

Does this happen when you preview the page in Xara? Or is this happening after you publish to your web host?

And if yes to the second question have you tried reloading the page? (F5 and/or Ctrl F5) F5 reloads the page and Ctrl + F5 forces the content to reload.

What layers does you button occupy?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yes, the buttons are showing in preview but not when `live`.

I`ve got in the habit of closing then reopening the website on another pc and also clearing the cache when checking if the buttons are working.

This is the layer set up which has been duplicated from working pages. Obv, this is my desperation test page!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	member-application.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	133288

Could you attach a page showing this problem Freeliner?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Sorry, works got in the way!

This is another page from last night. The button was showing perfectly then I added a couple of lines of extra text and it disappeared!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	renewals-page.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	133291

I think Egg meant a .XAR file, a single page from your website.

Ok, here goes. This is in Xara and shows perfectly ok. The second shot is how it appears on the website. I`ve also attached an image of the page set up, it is exactly the same as pages that haven`t been edited and so work ok!

Its got me completely baffled. Probably something stupid but I`m starting to wonder if I`m just running an old version of the software (11 Premium) and some of the features have been nerfed back to encourage an upgrade

PS, how would I grab a xar file?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	renewals-1.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	133297
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	renewals-2.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	133298   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	renewals-3.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	133299  

Last edited by Freeliner; 26 January 2023 at 08:20 PM.