Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default XDP Templates Have Disappeared

When I open File/New on XDP 19, the templates are gone and I get the below message. What is the default location of the folder?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New File.png 
Views:	61 
Size:	8.3 KB 
ID:	133285  

Default Re: XDP Templates Have Disappeared

C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X\19\Templates\ENG

if it opens with a document you can 'save template' and it will open a dialog box to save there directly
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks, handrawn. The funny thing is that the templates, as well as the Templates.xml file, are still in that folder but that XDP, for some reason, doesn't know its location anymore. So, now my question is, how do I redirect XDP to its default template folder?

I think you will need to follow what the message says and save [a blank file as] template - making sure you tick the box to make it default - this file should then open as default - you can always tweak/replace it later

you can of course select a file from the templates folder in file explorer, and open it and then save [that as] template default
    Nothing lasts forever...

Yes, I already saved a custom 'default' template. But I'm wondering now if something went wrong in the registry and if I could correct that. The reason also being that, in the template folder, there's also the default brushes folder and when I use the Freehand Brush Tool and click 'More Brushes', it shows none and the option ('More Brushes') disappears.

where was the 'more brushes' option.. it's not in my designer pro 19 line gallery, I don't think it ever was... ?

there is a more button in the design gallery...
    Nothing lasts forever...

In the Freehand and Brush Tool, click the down arrow in the left dropdown box in the context toolbar and you'll see the "More Brushes" button.

ah the things you forget...

that just loads all the brushes in the default brush folder, same as happens when you click on a brush/folder in the line gallery for the first time in a session; once they are loaded it disapears until next session [it's job being done]

EDIT: so if you are saying that does not work then yes you may have an issue with your default path
    Nothing lasts forever...

Yes, but my issue is that the default brushes don't load, probably because of the same issue that prevents the document templates to be loaded.

when you saved your new default template did you save it in the default folder - did the save dialog open there, because if not you may need to reassign; if it did open there you may have a corruption
    Nothing lasts forever...