Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: XDP Templates Have Disappeared

In the Freehand and Brush Tool, click the down arrow in the left dropdown box in the context toolbar and you'll see the "More Brushes" button.

ah the things you forget...

that just loads all the brushes in the default brush folder, same as happens when you click on a brush/folder in the line gallery for the first time in a session; once they are loaded it disapears until next session [it's job being done]

EDIT: so if you are saying that does not work then yes you may have an issue with your default path
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Yes, but my issue is that the default brushes don't load, probably because of the same issue that prevents the document templates to be loaded.

when you saved your new default template did you save it in the default folder - did the save dialog open there, because if not you may need to reassign; if it did open there you may have a corruption
    Nothing lasts forever...

You pointed me in the right direction, handrawn. I saved a custom template to the default folder and now all templates are available again. What's more, the brushes now load again as well. So, thank you very much!

I have nuggeted this Thread as it's a noteworthy demo of TG help at it's best.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    You pointed me in the right direction, handrawn. I saved a custom template to the default folder and now all templates are available again. What's more, the brushes now load again as well. So, thank you very much!
    you are welcome - glad that the re-assignment worked out ok

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I have nuggeted this Thread as it's a noteworthy demo of TG help at it's best.

Acorn
    bon coeur
    Nothing lasts forever...