Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Info Re: Long time user - completely confused on which product to update to with online ac

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    That's not the point of my post; it concerned the errors on the Xara Cloud pricing page and, hence, the further confusion it creates about the various Xara product offerings.
    Boy, I tried to point out there are no errors.
    There is a potentially poor semantic line "Everything in PRO, plus", where some might misread this to be 'Everything in PRO+'; the "plus" ought to have been 'including'.
    Elsewhere the "No"s are correct as these columned products do not include Xara Designer Pro+.

Acorn

My take on the pricing:

Attachment 133262
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara Pricing.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	136.7 KB 
ID:	133264
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Long time user - completely confused on which product to update to with online ac

Hmmm
    I just paid for the Magix Designer Pro X which will cost me about $90 a year. After reading your post, maybe I want to change? I thought the Design Pro + with cloud was going to cost me $203 a year. I have already seen all the templates and haven't found any that would be worth not paying for one individually that is not in Magix program. There doesn't even seem to be a single template for a personal chef (a profession exploding!).
    If you are saying the lifetime discount would bring it below $203 a year and I can apply the $90 I just paid for the Magix X19, would you advise how I might do that and what the cost would be?
    Thanks!!

Default Re: Long time user - completely confused on which product to update to with online ac

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Boy, I tried to point out there are no errors.
    There is a potentially poor semantic line "Everything in PRO, plus", where some might misread this to be 'Everything in PRO+'; the "plus" ought to have been 'including'.
    Elsewhere the "No"s are correct as these columned products do not include Xara Designer Pro+.
    Acorn, you are probably more versed in the Xara+ offerings than anyone here. I am not and when I look at that page, I see inconsistencies/errors. So, if it's only an issue of semantics and the offerings are correct, I stand corrected but I strongly advise Xara to edit that page!

it was only when I stopped thinking of the 'pro' as referring to designer pro through force of habit, and realised it meant cloud pro, that it made sense to me...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by MB365 View Post
    Hi Meesha,
    Drop us a chat message at www.xara.com and we can help you with the right solution for your needs. In short, based on your requirements, the bundle of Designer Pro+ desktop and Xara Cloud will help you achieve what you want. Designer Pro+ has the most current website design features, the most robust template library, and the best workflow for creation. Xara Cloud gives you the ability to edit and republish basic website changes to text and images. Great for remote and quick changes on the go from a Mac.
    As an existing product owner, you are eligible for discounts on the Xara+ products. We can help you with this as well. www.xara.com/contact-us
    Best, Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by peaceinvt View Post
    Hmmm
    I just paid for the Magix Designer Pro X which will cost me about $90 a year. After reading your post, maybe I want to change? I thought the Design Pro + with cloud was going to cost me $203 a year. I have already seen all the templates and haven't found any that would be worth not paying for one individually that is not in Magix program. There doesn't even seem to be a single template for a personal chef (a profession exploding!).
    If you are saying the lifetime discount would bring it below $203 a year and I can apply the $90 I just paid for the Magix X19, would you advise how I might do that and what the cost would be?
    Thanks!!
    Meesha, Matt of Xara(@MB365) already advised you how to get in touch.

As you have a new Magix licence, Xara is very helpful in transferring it across to it.

The only food-related Xara templates seem to be:
    • websites/websitethemes/cooking/cooking_website.xar
    • websites/websitethemes/chocolate/chocolate_website.xar

You might fair better at xaratemplates.com:

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi, Acorn - SO sorry, I thought I was replying to Matt! I have gone to the site he recommended and entered my chat questions. Thanks again for everything!

Quote Originally Posted by peaceinvt View Post
    Hi, Acorn - SO sorry, I thought I was replying to Matt! I have gone to the site he recommended and entered my chat questions. Thanks again for everything!
    Meesha, no problem.
    I hope you find a way ahead.

Acorn