Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 11

Default Windows 11

Hi, I have just purchased a new and speedy Windows 11 PC. Everything appears to work fine apart from Xara! I have tried a few methods to migrate the app, Xara Designer Pro 18, from my previous machine but it inevitably results in access being refused with '0xc000007b' error offered as explanation. Apparently this is a regular feature of Windows 11 but so far I have been unable to find a working 'fix'. Any advice would be extremely welcome. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Windows 11

I've been running Pro+ in Windows 11 for some time with no issues.

Instead of migrating though, do a clean install.

Lucky you Gary,
    After the migration problems I tried downloading and installing the demo version of version 19 from Magix, unfortunately it gave exactly the same result....
    I suspect that it is something to do with the C++ redistributable files on my PC which Xara is choosing not to see :-(

OK. I will see if Acorn has any suggestion.

That error code is definitely a C++ reference. You can download the Visual Distributable from Microsoft >>> HERE <<<

The official advice is to uninstall any existing Visual C on your machine, but I've never done that and it's been fine.

on my computer I have well over 20 installations of MS Visual C++Redistirbutable, some of which I feel sure are duplicates

this has come up before i feel sure, but don't have a reference

I am sure Xara installs a version of Visual C++ Redisributable when it installs; maybe the one it wants is 'not the default' the the OS thinks it should have?

I don't know if that is any help, but i seem to recall that before the solution was to purge the V C++ and reinstall just one copy of each, but I am not syaing do that without being sure, I am relying on memory here...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

OK If none of this works, then please contact Magix support.

Uninstall.
    Please check this article if relevant
    Reinstall the most current version.
    The Xara product sold through Magix is their installer so you will need to contact then for support.
    Designer Pro+ is supported by us so if you have an issue, please contact us here

I seem to have spent a large part of the day uninstalling and reinstalling C++ redistributables... There were originally 15, 3 of them in German! Unfortunately this appears not to have helped. Does the language alter the function of these files? Somewhat naively I hadn't realized that this forum was specifically for Xara Designer Pro as opposed to Magix versions of the software. However, I downloaded the Xara trial version of Designer Pro+ and had exactly the same result and error message! Any suggestions will be more than welcome, I may have to keep my old PC handy in order to work on Xara!

its not just for pro+ - matt [mb365] is xara though, so he will orient towards pro+...

sorry that did not work
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...