Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Pro+ trial version

Hi Acorn

I know you wrote a lengthy thesis on this subject and
    i have decided to try the trial version of Pro+ and be ready to pay yearly
    for this version.

i have had many back and forth chats with Matt from Xara about this
    and the big advantage for me would be being back under
    the XARA umbrella of support updates bug fixes etc.

I think 5 years ago is when Magix got involved I don't know to this day why i
    was transfered from Xara to Magix it must have been the non stop pop upgrade offers.

Matt tells me that Xara and Magix are 100% separate..

I have had in the past 5 years under Magix so many errors and bugs
    I am convinced it may be better if i go back to Xara..

At present i am now unable to access the online cataloge with version Xara Pro X19
    Matt said if i upgrade to Pro+ he will compensate for my last upgrade for X 19 in May 2022

I also believe i can run two versions one on PC and simultaneously on Laptop
    which is not possible with the Magix version Pro X19

Any advice before i take the yearly subscription plunge would be helpful many thanks

Condor

Default Re: Pro+ trial version

if you use the program a lot and it's central to what you do then go for it - especially if you get discounts

I don't subscribe to pro+ because my vector needs are very specific to drawing and can be done really in any old version of xara from ver 11 onwards, and are no longer the major part of my work

But I do subscribe to photoshop which, as I don't need lots of cloud storage from adobe, costs me just under 10 GBP an month - 2 and a half pints of beer - worth every penny for updates, support and features
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi Handrawn,

Thanks for your reply yes Xara is central for my websites and i ues it daily
    i will play with the trial for a few days see how it runs!

I have the full suite from Adobe but found i had to search out
    youtube video tutorials on how to use it, you need to be a
    professor to understand Adobe!! same as Dreamweaver !!
    i was so pleased when i found Xara,

I am looking for some reliability and if it means spending yearly for Xara support rather than Magix
    this is what will make my mind up!

Kind regards
    Condor
    Last edited by condor365; 11 January 2023 at 04:11 PM. Reason: spelling correction

I 've been using photoshop for 16+ years; a bit longer than xara and not as long as [what is now] corel painter, they all have their learning curves, i am about half way

Adobe assumes you read the online pseudo-manual from start to finish; there hasn't been a traditional manual for a while; things change and that way adobe can keep their info reasoanbly up to date; other things can soon get out of date, like when things get depricated lsuch as the brush preset manager recently

all good fun...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by condor365 View Post
    Hi Acorn

I know you wrote a lengthy thesis on this subject and i have decided to try the trial version of Pro+ and be ready to pay yearly for this version.
    i have had many back and forth chats with Matt from Xara about this and the big advantage for me would be being back under the XARA umbrella of support updates bug fixes etc.
    I think 5 years ago is when Magix got involved I don't know to this day why i was transfered from Xara to Magix it must have been the non stop pop upgrade offers.

Matt tells me that Xara and Magix are 100% separate..

I have had in the past 5 years under Magix so many errors and bugs I am convinced it may be better if i go back to Xara..
    At present i am now unable to access the online cataloge with version Xara Pro X19 Matt said if i upgrade to Pro+ he will compensate for my last upgrade for X 19 in May 2022
    I also believe i can run two versions one on PC and simultaneously on Laptop which is not possible with the Magix version Pro X19

Any advice before i take the yearly subscription plunge would be helpful many thanks Condor
    condor, the Magix v19 and earlier do actually allow for two installations on different machines. You should not run both at the same time, probably.

Remember, you will still have licence rights to run any Magix version you bought so do not remove it from your machine, it is a worthwhile fall-back if you abandon the Xara subscription.
    You can always buy back into the latest Magix version for the cost of an update so I have always felt secure.

Xara's Plus support is excellent (thank you Matt); responses in hours or quicker.
    There are no Magix nags and all the crude Magix imposes are away.

You lose some of the Magix-owned attachments but as you own prior versions, these can be re-attached.
    You don't get access the the Magix-hosted web service. This is worthless as it is not CPanel and does not even handle SSL.

You get far quicker and meaningful updates.

The Xara Cloud+ aspects are gradually improving and for non-web deliveries and presentation, it is a no-install browser usage.

Be cheeky with Matt and ask for a discount too, suggesting you would be happy to endorse the subscription approach but only if you find all the promises to be accurate.
    You may be lucky.

My main switch as to get rid of Magix.
    My justification was the annual subscription would be paid off by one or two customer deliveries.
    I also prefer to have the latest updates to hand as SVG, WebP, etc fit well into my design approach.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    condor, the Magix v19 and earlier do actually allow for two installations on different machines. You should not run both at the same time, probably.

Remember, you will still have licence rights to run any Magix version you bought so do not remove it from your machine, it is a worthwhile fall-back if you abandon the Xara subscription.
    You can always buy back into the latest Magix version for the cost of an update so I have always felt secure.

Xara's Plus support is excellent (thank you Matt); responses in hours or quicker.
    There are no Magix nags and all the crude Magix imposes are away.

You lose some of the Magix-owned attachments but as you own prior versions, these can be re-attached.
    You don't get access the the Magix-hosted web service. This is worthless as it is not CPanel and does not even handle SSL.

You get far quicker and meaningful updates.

The Xara Cloud+ aspects are gradually improving and for non-web deliveries and presentation, it is a no-install browser usage.

Be cheeky with Matt and ask for a discount too, suggesting you would be happy to endorse the subscription approach but only if you find all the promises to be accurate.
    You may be lucky.

My main switch as to get rid of Magix.
    My justification was the annual subscription would be paid off by one or two customer deliveries.
    I also prefer to have the latest updates to hand as SVG, WebP, etc fit well into my design approach.

Acorn
    Hi Acorn Thank you for this I agree entirely with you and I have just tried the free trial version
    and it all seems so much better than than my previous versions this is without doubt the way to go
    thank you again for all your expert advice very much appreciated as always
    Yes i will keep the ProX 19 as back-up just in case, i have older versions too! 11 and 17 on my desktop

I just wonderd if you had anything to do with Acorn Archimedes Development? if you dont mind me asking?

Kind regards
    Condor

I just wonderd if you had anything to do with Acorn Archimedes Development? if you dont mind me asking?
    Condor, I would probably be a rich man, were that the case.

I cut my teeth on the Electron, Atom, all the way up to the Acorn Risc PC, using the Archimedes in the mix. My first home PC was the Exidy Sorcerer that was later sold to the Natural History Museum for its dinosaur animatronics. I programmed machine code Z80 and 6502 before I encountered the Arm chips, hence my avatar name.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Wow amazing pedigree! i remember
    using floppy discs and loading disks along side because the hard drive was unable to save anything,
    it all had to be saved to floppy disk!! Those were the days!! before the 465 machines were available.

Please look at this screen capture from Magix portal
    Xara Designer ProX365 update service until 03/11/2023 is not due until 3rd November this year 2023
    so i could use the ProX365 for the next 10 months ? before i need to spend any more money?
    and the ProX(19) as was paid for in May 2022 for the update service ?
    so i could use that vesion for the next 4 months ? there two versions showing here ?
    seemingly with alternative expiry dates.
    the Magix portal is so confusing see screen capture[ATTACH=CONFIG]133236[/ATTACH
    i found this also confused user
    https://www.magix.info/us/forum/product-confusion--1289828/]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	magix  products.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	133236  
    Last edited by condor365; 12 January 2023 at 03:07 PM. Reason: added information in relation

Wow amazing pedigree! i remember
    using floppy discs and loading disks along side because the hard drive was unable to save anything,
    it all had to be saved to floppy disk!! Those were the days!! before the 465 machines were available.

Please look at this screen capture from Magix portal
    Xara Designer ProX365 update service until 03/11/2023 is not due until 3rd November this year 2023
    so i could use the ProX365 for the next 10 months ? before i need to spend any more money?
    and the ProX(19) as was paid for in May 2022 for the update service ?
    so i could use that vesion for the next 4 months ? there two versions showing here ?
    seemingly with alternative expiry dates.
    the Magix portal is so confusing see screen capture[ATTACH=CONFIG]133236[/ATTACH
    i found this also confused user
    https://www.magix.info/us/forum/product-confusion--1289828/]
    Condor, isn't it fun?

The Xara Designer Pro 365 is what you spent your money on.
    It is the one with the licence (serial) number.

This licence allows you to install and run two of XDPXv19, or a mix of also any earlier versions to a total of two.
    You can use these two, getting updates, through to 03/11/2023.
    Thereafter, you can still use but no more updates.
    Until then you can Deactivate and re-install across any of your devices.
    After 03/11/2023, a re-install will only provide the version at time of update/registration.

I do not see any installs or licences so I do not understand where you believe there is an expiry in May.
    If you do have such, check to see if the licence number is different.

I hope that helps.

Acorn