Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Goggle fonts in Xara Photo @ Graphic Designer (Font Finder outdated?)

First of all, I really love the easy way to use google fonts in Xara products! It is one of the many reasons why I use Xara P.&G. Designer. I have only one problem: the Font Finder is somehow outdated. I can't find some of the newer fonts in Font Finders searching list if i will add them to Xara (installing google fonts with FF is quicker than the normal way in windows...).
    It would be great when Font Finder could handle the newest google fonts also...

Default Re: Goggle fonts in Xara Photo @ Graphic Designer (Font Finder outdated?)

Quote Originally Posted by Yodli View Post
    First of all, I really love the easy way to use google fonts in Xara products! It is one of the many reasons why I use Xara P.&G. Designer. I have only one problem: the Font Finder is somehow outdated. I can't find some of the newer fonts in Font Finders searching list if i will add them to Xara (installing google fonts with FF is quicker than the normal way in windows...).
    Yodli, Xara's embedded Google Fonts capability is only updated for new versions.
    It will always be behind the curve.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Goggle fonts in Xara Photo @ Graphic Designer (Font Finder outdated?)

Quote Originally Posted by Yodli View Post
    Google Fonts were updated in March and Dec 2022 for Photo+. In addition, we've added improved font handling for missing characters. Learn more in the Release Notes.

There are special offers for existing customers to update to the new Photo+ product. Contact us for more details.

Quote Originally Posted by MB365 View Post
    Google Fonts were updated in March and Dec 2022 for Photo+. In addition, we've added improved font handling for missing characters. Learn more in the Release Notes.

There are special offers for existing customers to update to the new Photo+ product. Contact us for more details.
    Thank you for the reply!

In the past i used Xara P&G Designer 19, and i know, that old version is really outdated. But i subscribed for Xara P&G Designer+ on the last day of 2022, so, it must be the latest version that i use now. (Xara Photo & Graphic Designer+ 22.5.1.65716 SL x64 Dec 9 2022)

Still, there are some fonts missing by a search for the fonts name in Font Finder. I can download all these fonts from the google fonts site, but unable to find in Font Finder.
    For example: the font family MonteCarlo https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Mo...xt_type=custom is not showing up in Font Finder. This font is not so new, i was able to download it manually in October.

I love Xara P&G Designer+ and this problem is only a minor inconvenience for me. I will just find the reason why some fonts are missing in Finder.
    Last edited by Yodli; 11 January 2023 at 10:30 AM.

Detail as at today:
    Xara Font Finder - 1035 matching font styles found
    Google Fonts:
    Google Fonts is a library of 1482 open source font families and APIs for convenient use via CSS and Android. The library also has delightful and beautifully crafted icons for common actions and items. Download them for use in your digital products for Android, iOS, and web.
    Xara supplies a googlewebfonts.json file containing all the detail to populate its current fonts that link to Google Fonts.
    My Pro+ json file has a Date Modified of 02 August 2022.
    If your wanted font has been added to Google Fonts after this date, Xara won't show it.

The Release Notes seem to indicate the last Google Fonts update was v21.5, 03 August 2021.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat