Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Navigation bar won't work in Chrome

My navigation bar won't work in Chrome. It works in MS Edge and Firefox. Oddly,it works in Chrome on my cell phone. Essentially, when open my home page. none of the dropdown navigation buttons work until I press my Contact button ( which has no dropdown). Once that button has been pressed, all the other buttons then work!
    I've spent several hours with Chrome trying to solve this problem. REbooted, reinstalled Chrome two different ways, reset, cleared cached data. Really frustrated. Would appreciate any help

Default Re: Navigation bar won't work in Chrome

have you a link to the site?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

-------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Durkin View Post
    My navigation bar won't work in Chrome. It works in MS Edge and Firefox. Oddly, it works in Chrome on my cell phone. Essentially, when open my home page. none of the dropdown navigation buttons work until I press my Contact button ( which has no dropdown). Once that button has been pressed, all the other buttons then work! I've spent several hours with Chrome trying to solve this problem. Rebooted, reinstalled Chrome two different ways, reset, cleared cached data. Really frustrated. Would appreciate any help
    The problem you have is not specific to Chrome; it can be replicated in Edge and Firefox too. On the desktop variant it looks like you have two NavBars and not one, pressing Contact does provide the second NavBar with the submenus being displayed, pressing Home returns it to the original menu.

https://tomdurkin-media.net/?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Double_NavBar_TD.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	133212

BTW: http://tomdurkin-media.net/ does bring up the secure https site (as far as I can tell).

Should you get stuck here, copy and paste your home / index page and upload it here. Might be easier to understand what is happening then.
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Xara Designer Pro+ and Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023

@Initiostar, good catch Gary.
    I was on the same track but hours behind.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    Thanks! I found the hidden Nav bar, which solved the problem.