Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Navigation Buttons Show Broken Links

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    condor, there is nothing in this file.
    It is also a Print document.

You need a Web document and using MouseOver and MouseOff layers for buttons to work in earlier Xara versions.

The Main web design NavBar appears to only be top-level links.
    Please advise you are not using Xara's sub-menu NavBar for button links.

I have no idea how you have managed to use base64-encoded images for this buttons.

Acorn
    Dear Acorn Thank you for picking this up for me i was unable to attach the web/xar file of the website as its 24MB
    and the limit is 10MB - my server people say they cannot replicate the issue i am having and i
    should try another browser or network connection?
    yes i probably messed up the menu somehow when i manually added the links in the mobile variant
    and the main site nav bar was added separately? should i have used the main nav bar to sync the hamburger menu
    as shown in Xara tutorials maybe i should delete the menus and start again from scratch ? no idea what base64-encoded images means

Thanks again for your help
    Kind regards

Condor

condor, when it goes pear-shaped, the best action is to rebuild, not, repair.

Base64 encoded is where the image is built directly in the HTML and not a call to a separate image file.

In Main, the buttons just need to be simple buttons, avoiding a Xara NavBar. The Variant can be one or a simpler popup.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Dear Acorn

Thank you does this mean i have to rebuild all my nav bars as i copied a working nav bar from another website
    and this did the same even though it was previously working ok? so now after uploading i have three websites that are affected as they have similar nav bars airforceoneheating.co.uk bwiltondiggerhire.com and jm-fencing.co.uk they are all three now behaving the same? is it perhaps my server and propagating delay!?
    Kind regards
    Condor

Hi Condor, you don't need to attach a whole website. Just make a duplicate of the xar page/s and then delete all the pages except the index and perhaps one other page then save. This should allow you to attach it.

Alternatively you can save the original to Dropbox or similar and supply TG with the link.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thank you to Acorn and Egg next time I need to upload I now know how, thanks
    for your advice .
    I found out from my server people at 20i.com that the Web optimization feature they have within my control panel.
    I had enabled this feature and this was the culprit!! I have now disabled this feature and viola!! all three websites
    are now functioning how they should with the navigation bars on all browsers and devices.
    bwiltondiggerhire.com airforceoneheating.co.uk and jm-fencing.co.uk

How many times have I thought there was something wrong with Xara and most of the time it was the servers!!

Thank god we have TG to ask and probe issues like these without you guys i have no idea how i would have managed

Thanks again for your expert support always appreciated

Warm regards

Condor

condor, I'm glad you got it sorted.
    I guess your provider replaced all your images with bas64-encoding, mucking things up.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Great to hear you've got it sorted Condor.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

one man's optimisation is another man's short measure...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    one man's optimisation is another man's short measure...
    Opps i forgot to thank SS-Kalm and Handrawn for their help too!!
    Many thanks

Kind regards
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by condor365 View Post
    Opps i forgot to thank SS-Kalm and Handrawn for their help too!!
    Many thanks Kind regards Andrew
    Andrew, everyone appreciates a mention but the best thing you did was came back and advised; that alone means a lot.

Acorn