Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pop-up ads

Default Pop-up ads

Ever since I upgraded my Xara Designer Pro X program, I get these very irritating pop-up ads from Magix. This is nothing but a distraction to me, and I don't like to pay for a program and then have that program served me ads.

I tried to find answers on the Internet about how to stop this, and I went to the Magix website. After jumping through many hoops and running down many rabbit holes, I found the place where I could ask my question. Somehow, I think I will get more satisfaction from this group, which I have participated in off-and-on since 2006.

If anybody can tell me how to stop this annoying behavior, please let me know. I would actually like the satisfaction of being able to inform somebody at Magix who can make decisions.

Cheers,
    Alan

Default Re: Pop-up ads

Hi Alan

I wish I had an answer to this. But let's hope someone from Magix reads this and registers how annoying these can be.

My only suggestion is pretend like you didn't see the ad.

I remember getting adds after I closed XDP19. Is that what you're talking about? If so, there is a icon on the bottom left side of the popup that you can click on, giving you the option to stop showing adds.

Pretty sure renaming the folder that has the Magix files in it still works. The folder is typically C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X\19\Online. Just rename to C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X\19\OnlineOLD, or anything that takes your fancy.

If it's the Magix update you're after, the folder that holds the Service_rel_u_x64_vc16.exe (that fires the update prompt) is at C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X\19\UPS. However, if you rename this folder, you will need to manually check for updates if you want updates.

I remember that one of the suggested fixes (not necessarily yours) broke the website publishing function in XDP.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    I remember that one of the suggested fixes (not necessarily yours) broke the website publishing function in XDP.
    Boy, blocking UPS and Online folders doesn't kill publishing. It blocks updating so you need to restore them occasionally.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Well, I remember losing the publishing function when I applied one of the fixes. I had to reinstall the app to get it back.

blocking in firewall would likely do that...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Well, I remember losing the publishing function when I applied one of the fixes. I had to reinstall the app to get it back.
    Ah! Boy, were you publishing to a Magix site?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yes, that's correct.