Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ADDING COLORS TO A GRADIENT

i HAVEN'T HAD ANY REASON RECENTLY TO USE THE LINEAR GRADIENT TOOL SO i TRIED TODAY TO CREATE A LINEAR GRADIENT WITH SEVERAL COLORS WITH NO EFFECT. IN OLDER VERSIONS OF XARA I JUST DRAGGED A COLOR FROM THE COLOR LINE DROPPED IT ON THE GRADIENT LINE A VOILA I HAD A NEW COLOR. I'VE TRIED ON MY LATEST ITERATION OF DESIGNER PRO BUT THAT DIDN'T WORK AND I CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHY. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SHOW ME THE LIGHT? THANKS.

MANNY

Default Re: ADDING COLORS TO A GRADIENT

Manny, this is still the behaviour that works so I don't know why it's not working for you. Try 'Run as Administrator', you only need do this once.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

does it change the fill colour not the gradient colour - if so you may not have the cursor positioned exactly on the gradient line, you will know when it is because the symbol next to the cursor will change from an upward arrow to a full square - it can somtimes be a bit sensitive in my experience - if you drag a colour onto the object away from the gradient line and it has no effect at all, that is very strange behaviour...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Works for me. You can also double click in the fill path arrow to add a color.

This won't work if you have a Profile applied or as I have just discovered if you set a profile, then remove it.

good point about profiling gary...
    Nothing lasts forever...

If should work like https://helpandsupport.xara.com/xara...aduations.html.
    If you try with a Profiled Fill you do get a helpful message:
    The selected fill has been profiled. Applying a multi-stage fill will remove the profile. Do you wish to continue?
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn - What I am getting when I drop a color onto the fill path with a profile added is an option to replace the start or end colors.

I think you get acorn's message the first time you try it on an object - if you say no to removing the profile then susequently you get gary's... I don't think reverting the profile to flat changes this as it is now fixed as profiled
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Acorn - What I am getting when I drop a color onto the fill path with a profile added is an option to replace the start or end colors.
    Gary, if you drag a Colour onto the fill path when there is no profile the colour is added as a node when the larger white square is present. You can do this repeatedly.

If you already have a profile applied, when you see the large white square, you will get the Replace Colour dialog, the OP's situation.
    Xara 'remembers' that you profiled so it get stuck like this until you double-click on the fill path.

If you double click on the profiled fill path, you get my advised message.
    If you choose Yes then the past profile flag is purged and you can drag colours again.

Ideally, Xara should also perform this reset if you set the Profile to Normal.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

didn't know about the double click - useful
    Nothing lasts forever...