Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: How can I make everything on every page a bit larger, (but stay centred)?

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    shipen, I am sorry you are being confused.

I thought my instructions were sound at Post#3 but clearly not.

The method is to ensure all items are first put to Auto-fit for Width & Height changes.
    You only see it happen when you change the page size.
    You then untick the Auto-fit - 'Reset' also seems to work for me at this point but try what I first suggested.
    You then change the page size back to what it was; the objects do not shrink, they stay scaled at 130% across all pages and the scaling is from the centre of the page.
    If your margins are outside the page edge then on print, these are ignored.

Perhaps a half-dozen of your pages to experiment on?

Acorn
    Hello Acorn

I have followed your instructions and the result is that the text (& other content e.g. lines) is now the correct size. However they have moved down and right of the page. And to be honest I can't get the "Auto-fit to Page" to do a darned thing, in terms of re-centring the content on the page.

OK I've created a test .XAR file with 3 'Lorem Ipsum' pages in it - see attached.

J

Xara Test001 (for page content resizing).xar

Lightbulb Re: How can I make everything on every page a bit larger, (but stay centred)?

Quote Originally Posted by shiphen View Post
    Hello Acorn
    I have followed your instructions and the result is that the text (& other content e.g. lines) is now the correct size. However they have moved down and right of the page. And to be honest I can't get the "Auto-fit to Page" to do a darned thing, in terms of re-centring the content on the page.
    OK I've created a test .XAR file with 3 'Lorem Ipsum' pages in it - see attached.
    J
    Xara Test001 (for page content resizing).xar
    Shipen, I can see the problem that you have that I didn't.
    It is the document origin alignment. I was working with a Web-based design.

Grid & Ruler
    • Co-ordinate direction > Y increases: Downwards - in other words the Origin is set top-left.

Autofit-to Page
    • Auto-fit all objects: Width & Height

Paper Size

• Paper size: Custom.
    • Width: 27.1cm (130% scaling).
    • Height: 38.61cm (ditto).
    • Tick All pages in the document the same.

Autofit-to Page
    • Untick Auto-fit all objects

Paper Size

• Paper size: A4.

Centred!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: How can I make everything on every page a bit larger, (but stay centred)?

well export as PDF and then print from adobe reader at 130% works in principle - the text is centred as reader does not see the 'margins' the same way

but in long pages such as you have here, some text is lost off the bottom of the page which is not good...

hopefully acorn will have more success

EDIT- cross posted - sorted hopefully
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Shipen, I can see the problem that you have that I didn't.
    It is the document origin alignment. I was working with a Web-based design.

Grid & Ruler
    • Co-ordinate direction > Y increases: Downwards - in other words the Origin is set top-left.

Autofit-to Page
    • Auto-fit all objects: Width & Height

Paper Size

• Paper size: Custom.
    • Width: 27.1cm (130% scaling).
    • Height: 38.61cm (ditto).
    • Tick All pages in the document the same.

Autofit-to Page
    • Untick Auto-fit all objects

Paper Size

• Paper size: A4.

Centred!

Acorn

Damn. Nope, not on mine it isn't!
    No, I went through all of your settings in sequence and the final step still leaves the contents with a massive top and left margin (i.e. empty white space), even though I changed the coordinate direction Y increases downwards, rather than upwards.

Note that I had to set Page Size ==> Document ==> and tick "All pages in document the same" before doing the above, otherwise it only affected the current page, rather than all of the pages in the document.

Btw, should I have
    R-click ==> Page Options ==> Paper ==> Should "Lock Page Size" be ticked or not?
    [I tried it both ways but that setting didn't seem to make any difference...(??) ]

OK I'm going to have to admit defeat soon on this.
    I wish I could share the original with you, but it's a pre-published book PDF that I don't own copyright for (and which can't be shared).

I assume that, if your actual file will size up to 130% in xara without forcing a repagination, then the page content is shorter than the example you give

IF so you might be able to open the original PDF in adobe reader and print 130 % up

the offset should not be there and the shorter content should mean it won't loose anything at the bottom
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I assume that, if your actual file will size up to 130% in xara without forcing a repagination, then the page content is shorter than the example you give
    IF so you might be able to open the original PDF in adobe reader and print 130 % up
    the offset should not be there and the shorter content should mean it won't loose anything at the bottom
    ..., which is full circle back to my first Post.

@shipen, this is a different approach and that too seems to work (for me).

Simply add the following to the Website > HTML Code (body):
    Code:
    <style>
    [class*="xr_page"] {
      scale: 1.3;
    }
    </style>
    When I Preview in the browser (Chrome & Edge but not Firefox) and then Print > Save to PDF, the end result is centred and scaled nicely for all of the pages.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

..., which is full circle back to my first Post.
    yes of course

but during the journey I did begin to wonder if repagination had been taken ito account... we don't know the max page layout, working semi-blind, so I quess we assume that it has [or it dosn't matter]
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi, Shiphen.

I just try using Microsoft Power Automate and works perfect. You just need to create an action (you can record your moves), use some shortcuts while you record the action, like select all, group, and next page shortcuts. you can loop the action just need to loop the action, and all the pages will be scaled and centered.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GluZ8Shsgg.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	104.5 KB 
ID:	133158
    I can't stop of working.. I will have the eternity to rest
    Madre Teresa de Calcuta.

Hi Josè

Can't speak for shiphen but MPA is one of those apps I have never been able to justify the cost of personally - but if you happen to have it, it can indeed be useful

if xara 11 through 15.1 ever stop working I may need to resort to something like this, question woud be $15 US a month, or $0.60 a flow... humm
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Josè Campoy. View Post
    Hi, Shiphen.

I just try using Microsoft Power Automate and works perfect. You just need to create an action (you can record your moves), use some shortcuts while you record the action, like select all, group, and next page shortcuts. you can loop the action just need to loop the action, and all the pages will be scaled and centered.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GluZ8Shsgg.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	104.5 KB 
ID:	133158
    Josè , kind of you to point out Microsoft Power Automate.
    I have found AutoHotKey is a good, free macro recorder that will work within a Xara product.

My preference is Xara product first, next simple code, and finally, free other product...

Acorn