Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to put white text against transparent background?

Hello. I am a very amateur user of Xara Designer. I am trying to do something that I think must be straightforward, but I just cannot find it.
    I am trying to create a logo. I want it to be white text on a transparent background, so that I can insert it into a website template and the coloured template background will show through.
    But no matter what I try, I end up with white text on a white rectangular background!
    Please can anyone tell me how to make the area behind my text colourless, see-through, or whatever else you might call it!
    Many thanks in advance.

Default Re: How to put white text against transparent background?

copy or export it as a PNG, with colour depth true colour + alpha on the palette options tab of the copy/export dialog box - that will give you a transparent background text as a bitmap
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Handrawn, you are an angel! I was exporting as a BMP and it kept the white rectangle - but your PNG and settings has done the trick! I am so very grateful - I was going a bit loopy... Thank you again.

you are an angel!
    doubtful

you are most welcome

+ alpha means keep the transparent areas transparent; BMP does not support this function, neither does JPG
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Yes! Thanks for giving the solution I agree BMP doesn't support this Function.