Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: New Xara Plus Photo Overlays

A time back I found these instructions sitting without any announcement despite many TG enquiries:

So much for Xara-developed replacements.
    Another moribund half-solution.

In passing, I have XPDXv18 and earlier, none have MxEXIF_rel_u_x64_vc.dll but if you check for MxEXIF_rel_u_x64_vc12.dll, copy that across and rename to MxEXIF_rel_u_x64_vc16.dll, you may get a working EXIF.

The downside remains that you cannot copy any of the EXIF data.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Personally, I'd VERY MUCH like to see Xara's bitmap trace function working a lot better... at least as good as CorelTRACE. I've even tried the old UltraSnap Pro 5 which is Xara-friendly, but it is buggy on my shiny new Win 11 Pro lappie . I reckon I'd even change over from Magix to Xara if the trace function was dragged into the 21st century

Agree Jaydear. The bitmap tracer is an orphaned feature. It was introduced and then forgotten. I have an ancient copy of Vector Magic that is probably the best bitmap tracing app out there.

I don't think it's going to happen

xara is not focusing on designers anymore, it is focusing on enabling people who are not designers to produce designs; different emphasis; more customers

but who knows...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Agree Jaydear. The bitmap tracer is an orphaned feature. It was introduced and then forgotten. I have an ancient copy of Vector Magic that is probably the best bitmap tracing app out there.
    If I had a regular need, i would definitely consider Vector magic.

For the the one-offs I need, I use Inkscape v1.2 > Path > Trace bitmap.
    All free.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

that I agree with, for tracing black and white line art inkscape is is worth every penny you don't have to pay [you can donate folks...]

xara removes the anti-alias and line art traces have jaggy edges; often this does not matter if you draw twice up or more from final art size as I usually do, but sometimes it does...

inkscaoe gives smooth edges, though there are compromises made with the curvature but not so many as to usually be an issue for me, and some are inevitable
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I don't think it's going to happen

xara ... is focusing on enabling people who are not designers to produce designs...
    There seems to be an emphasis on the real estate businesses

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    ...For the the one-offs I need, I use Inkscape v1.2 > Path > Trace bitmap...
    Acorn
    I'll have to give v1.2 a try.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydear View Post
    There seems to be an emphasis on the real estate businesses
    dare I say a business where gloss is more important than detail
    Nothing lasts forever...