Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down New Xara Plus Photo Overlays

@Kate, I am sure these overlays will have some use:
    We’ve added another 1200 Photo Filter Overlays to the Online Content Catalog of Xara Designer Pro+. Overlays can be added to your photo, even on top of other photo filters, to provide a huge choice of creative possibilities.

You can find them in Components > Image resources > Photo Filter Presets > Overlays, in 4 new categories (Light Rays, Night Sky, Rose Petal and additions to Light Leak). To apply the overlay simply select your photo, then select the overlay and click Import.
    The problem I have is I am not going to click Import on 1,200 overlays to download them so I can check how good each may be against any given photo.

Will you please restore the Download All option!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: New Xara Plus Photo Overlays

I have wondered if so many options are actually of practical use....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I have wondered if so many options are actually of practical use....
    handrawn, I personally do not see what the benefit is either.
    I use Filter Forge 12 and can get thousands of variations of a single filter and I have some 10,000 Library Filters to chose from.
    In addition, I can design my own filter and tweak on the fly and apply directly to any image I choose.
    The bonus is they can usually be applied as seamless tiling or overlays and quick to regenerate, e.g., Soft Rainbow Gradient - Variation 29155.

I am not claiming thesebeat the Xara ones, just they are dramatically faster to try out.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

well to paraphrase William of Ockham once again the more options you have, the more time you will waste

I dare say they may well be useful but if i were a cynic [...which thank the lord I'm not sir...] I might think this is a soft option to keep the updates coming rather than, say, fix what is broke...
    Nothing lasts forever...

I've looked at the overlays and I agree this does seem like overkill.

I would be thrilled just to have the FX contents of Pro X added back to Pro+ This is the only reason I still have Pro X on my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I've looked at the overlays and I agree this does seem like overkill.

I would be thrilled just to have the FX contents of Pro X added back to Pro+ This is the only reason I still have Pro X on my computer.
    @Gary, is this what you are looking for?
    https://helpandsupport.xara.com/xara...lterm=fx%20pro

Amazing what you find in a manual

I think that will please Gary...

Personally there is a lot of stuff switchable in the registry that I would like to see in the UI [eg autodeselect freehand, set default bitmap copy resolution...];

plus
    a freehand tool that does not wobble when you use it with smoothing set
    vector and bitmap mesh warp like affinity
    affinity is a very good program but xara's UI is far easier to use - vector/bitmap mesh warp alone would be enough to bring me back to pro+ [the xara mould tool does not begin to hack it]
    Nothing lasts forever...

Yes!

But why should he have to do that Matt?

Why isn't that particular section AUTOMATICALLY included in Pro+
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

what matt is saying, effectively, is that if you have a magix version installed you can use the filters that you purchased with your magix version, in pro+

however, as they are magix filters, if you don't have a magix version purchased, you cannot
    Nothing lasts forever...