Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Change files back to .com from .web?

Without realizing what it meant, I allowed the program to change all the files to .web from .com. How do I undo that. I'm using a 2017 version of Web Designer Premium

Default Re: Change files back to .com from .web?

harryd, I have only 117 .com files on my machine so I hope you have under this.

The first thing to do is open Windows Explorer to the root of your drive(s).
    To safely locate those that have just been changed, search for 'ext:web datemodified:this week' or filter 'datemodified:last week'.
    Make sure your have All sub-folder highlighted in the ribbon.
    This will produce a list of all recently change files that now have an extension of WEB.

Without any other tools, you would have to press F2 for each one, followed by the right arrow to get to the end.
    Delete the web and replace with com and press Enter.

Your XDA has no undo or other tool to do all this.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

When I try to save a new file, the only "save as type" options that it shows is *.web

You should not be using your Xara application to recover to a .com file.
    XWDP only saves design files in as .WEB.

You should not use File > Export either as a COM file is an executable and saving it through your XWDP application will mangle everything.

You may not have been clear as to how you got where you are but you cannot have opened any .com file in XWDP, it simply would not recognise it.

You have to make the file extension change though MS Windows itself.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I just noticed that the files I modified today did not make it to the destination. I'm using the same transfer settings that I've always used and everything looks the same as usual on the XARA page.l

nevermind on my last note.