Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default options for Photo sharing pages

Working to rebuild various sites I have, and looking to see how others handle 'photo pages'.
    Would like to ask / see how others are sharing groups of photos ?
    . . not just how to show some pictures on a page, but also how others share 'multiple groups' of pictures.

I have several websites that are mostly used for sharing modeling information for friends. These sites have many many pages of project or model photos, each page with multiple photos. A recent example of modeling a Presidential railcar, had a Project page with about 15 sub-pages, each with multiple pictures per page. On these photo pages, a visitor can expand a thumbnail picture to a large size and then toggle to the next picture in the page group.
    ..here is a sample project page: http://www.frolin.net/cwrr/pictures2/20200200/page.html

What I am looking to do is to design new websites for all of these hobby pages (these sites are old). I am reviewing modern standards and looking at improved photo sharing. The older photo editor software I use, along with cropping and resizing images, also has a feature to create the initial thumbnails, links and larger picture files, all with a web-page setup. Thus, once I revise the pictures, I simple "create a webpage" with the software (not manually copy and insert thumbnails or add links or such).

I would like to have photos that semi-fill a browser window or screen, instead of pre-sized images like I have now. I want to retain the 'manual' slideshow advance option so the visitor can manually advance to the next photo, but also add a slideshow feature. And with mobile vistors, if possible, an easy way to create a 'photo page' that will fit nicely on a larger desktop monitor and a phone or tablet. ( want winning lottery numbers too -ha)

I would like to ask (and see) what others are doing for photo pages.
    -- please give a link to see your page for an example
    And ask what basic process in summary you do; steps, options in and outside Xara you used.

I have multiple hobby sites to rebuild, and most have many photo pages (most sites have over 1500-3000 photos each).

Hoping to 'see' what others are doing with Xara for example, so support things I am reading about and finding options to go try.

Thanks in advance,
    Frolin

Default Re: options for Photo sharing pages

Frolin, my go-to gallery package would be https://nanogallery2.nanostudio.org.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: options for Photo sharing pages

Acorn,

Thanks for the tip and link. That looks like some robust software, I've been looking at the site today.

Do you have a use example to share? The site is formatted more for marketing, less Bob sharing his craft photos or Brenda showing wedding pictures. Would like to see how folks are sharing photos on their sites built with Xara, including using software like this to expand options.

- - Anyone else have a site built with Xara and sharing groups of photos ?

Frolin