Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Missing Jotform

Default Missing Jotform

Hi All.

I go to content catalogue and select jotform.
    Go to created form.
    Copy code to clipboard.
    Insert button "click".
    Contact form lands on page.
    Resize it to fit.
    Copy resize and paste on "Mobile" page.
    Go to website preview.
    Main page brief flash of form and disappears.
    Check mobile page and it is there, working happily.
    Go back to full page, nothing.

Has anyone else had this problem? or any possible solution.

Thanks.

Default Re: Missing Jotform

noiseboy, this is an issue where a JotForm form is referenced by an ID.
    When you copy to a variant, you have two identical IDs; HTML will only ever find the first one. This is why your form evaporates.

For over 5 years, Xara and JotForm either have ignored or denied a solution.

My approach required some jQuery code but in principle, it moves the form to the active Variant - one form, one ID, all entered data preserved.
    Others suggest creating a separate form - two forms, two IDs, no preserved data.
    The detailed approach: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ot-Solved-quot.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Missing Jotform

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    noiseboy, this is an issue where a JotForm form is referenced by an ID.
    When you copy to a variant, you have two identical IDs; HTML will only ever find the first one. This is why your form evaporates.

For over 5 years, Xara and JotForm either have ignored or denied a solution.

My approach required some jQuery code but in principle, it moves the form to the active Variant - one form, one ID, all entered data preserved.
    Others suggest creating a separate form - two forms, two IDs, no preserved data.
    The detailed approach: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ot-Solved-quot.

Acorn
    Many thanks for your reply. I just wish they would sort these problems out and make the software worth all the hype.