Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Forms widget - newbie question

Hi there,
    I'm a new Xara user. I'm amazed by how powerful it is but I'm not all that techy, so it's taking me a while to find my way around but I've mostly been able to solve my own problems.

The one I'm really stuck on on is the forms widget, using Jotforms. I just can't get it to load up. I get as far as logging in and I can access the templates, but not 'My Forms'. I tried going to the Jotforms website, set it all up in there and created the form I want to use, but when I access the widget from within Xara I get the same result. I tried following the instructions for copying and pasting the HTML, but I just end up with the text on my webpage, no form. I did manage to access the My Forms page just once, but didn't finish the job on that occasion, which was probably stupid of me.

Anyway, I'm just wondering if there's something I'm missing or whether perhaps there's a glitch with the widget?

I'm using Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.0.64291 on Windows 11

Many thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Info Re: Forms widget - newbie question

PW, welcome to TalkGraphics.

The trick is understanding Xara has put a wrapper about the JotForm page.

In the JotForm page, you then build or access your JT form and press the Embed option followed by the Copy Code.

The Xara wrapper hqas three buttons: Insert, Cancel & Help.
    All you then do is press the Insert button.

The Wrapper and its JotForm page disappears and you should then get a Placeholder with all the required code.

If you are not getting this far, then close XDPX and restart it with Run as Administrator, the one time.
    This ensures all the right code libraries are enabled.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Forms widget - newbie question

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    PW, welcome to TalkGraphics.

The trick is understanding Xara has put a wrapper about the JotForm page.

In the JotForm page, you then build or access your JT form and press the Embed option followed by the Copy Code.

The Xara wrapper hqas three buttons: Insert, Cancel & Help.
    All you then do is press the Insert button.

The Wrapper and its JotForm page disappears and you should then get a Placeholder with all the required code.

If you are not getting this far, then close XDPX and restart it with Run as Administrator, the one time.
    This ensures all the right code libraries are enabled.

Acorn
    Hi Acorn,

Thanks ever so for your reply. I'm definitely 'not getting this far'. I can't get in to any page for building a form. If I click on My Forms nothing happens, if I go to the templates and try Inserting one of them I get this message:

Unable to find the HTML code for the widget on the widget site or on the clipboard.

Launch the New Form Wizard by clicking on My Forms followed by the New Form button.
    Select an option from the New Form Wizard and click on Continue.
    Configure your form in this JotForm window. Add form controls from the TOOLBOX on the left using drag and drop.
    When done, click on the Setup & Embed tab.
    Click the Publish button on the topbar.
    Go to the Platforms Tab.
    Find the Xara button to reveal your form's HTML code and then press the copy code button.
    Click the Insert button below to close the JotForm window and add the form to your web page.

I tried running Xara as an administrator but got exactly the same results. Any more suggestions?
    Many thanks
    Penny

Penny, what is your default browser?
    At any point did you sign into JotForm?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn,

Thanks again for your reply. Yes I was definitely signed in to Jotform and my browser is Firefox.

Many thanks
    Penny

Penny, I have followed the Xara Help steps and although it is a little wrong the key point is I then have a saved Form and I can pick More > Publish > Embed > Copy Code > Insert.

All this does is create a Placeholder with code (<script type="text/javascript" src="https://form.jotformeu.com/jsform/yourJotFormRefNumber"></script>).

As it is that simple, open JotForm directly and Copy the Embed code in the exact same way.
    Now create a Placeholder and insert the code into its Body.

Acorn

Hi Acorn,

It worked! Thankyou so much for your time and patience, it's much appreciated

Penny

Quote Originally Posted by Pennywhistle View Post
    Hi Acorn,
    It worked! Thankyou so much for your time and patience, it's much appreciated Penny
    Penny, good to hear. Which way works?

Acorn