Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: splash screen

Default splash screen

Just installed DP+ on a laptop every time I open it shows a window about the 'Exciting update etc' how do I remove other than deleting every time I load the SW, I cannot go to bottom of window to see if there is something their.
    It is setup with no tips when loading

Default Re: splash screen

Peter, do you think it is offering that there is an update available.

I'm on Xara Designer Pro+ 22.4.0.65562 SL x64 Nov 8 2022.
    You can check yours with Shift+Alt+1.
    You can also try Alt-H-U.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Maybe most likely, I did not check and should have done so, my mind is on more personal serous health issues at moment, will drive out to office and check.
    It is not offering a link to do so, I thought DP+ came up with a window, my personal is up to date.
    Thanks.
    Peter

The DP+ window was full screen and the update window top was hidden once I released able to pull down and close icon was exposed.
    The DP+ was up to date the update window that appears about tables etc had only two items on it and still opens when DP+.
    Peter

Been advised by Xara that the notification window is to large for laptops, mine is 15inch, thus could not see the bottom of window to be able to 'Quit' in future developers will be made aware of small laptops and take the size of the notification into account..
    Escape also quits the notification screen.
    Still stuck with notification screen and having to press Escape every time want to use SW.
    Hope it will disappear at next update.
    Thanks for suggestion.
    Peter

That doesn't sound right. A 15" will be 1920x1080 by default. Try the following:

Windows 11:
    Settings (Winkey+i) > System (left column) > Display (right column), scroll to Scale & Layout and change to 100% if it isn't already. While you're there, check to see if the Display Resolution is set to 1920x1080.

Windows 10:
    Settings > System > Display look for scale and layout. Check Display Resolution.

Try Xara and see if you can now see the Go Away button. Reset back to what had in the settings if you need to.

Thanks Chris M.
    It is as you suggested default settings for laptops is 150% thus cannot see bottom of screen.
    Every day learn something, makes life more interesting for this 84 year old brain.
    Peter