Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: The possiblities of Xara's Mould

from Grisham to Coleridge to Milligan nice one Mr B... and the dropbear is cute
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I see a lot of effort and a good sense of imagination here! Thanks for participating!

Only one observation. You wouldn't use a drop-shadow on a surface that is off-axis and curved in three dimensions. The Shadow tool in Xara doesn't cut it. I'd say pose and light a book just to get the sense of the potential

shadow.

I think it's obvious your could out-do my attempt here

My Best,

GaryClick image for larger version. 

Name:	page shadow.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	133039

Cheers peeps.

The Drop Bear is not all mine, I used an illustration from the content catolgue "Koala" and just 'meaned' him up.

No use of Xara's drop shadow here Gary.

No room for Roger McGough unfortunately HD.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

sadly no... or that other Liverpool Poet: Brian Patten: 'Gargling with Jelly' might have gone down well after Spike... so to speak...
    Nothing lasts forever...

@hd - I've just sent for a second-hand copy of that Brian Patten Poetry book. It's illustrated by Chris Riddell which is a great bonus.

I seem to be rediscovering the joy of poetry lately. If you're ever down Whitefriargate (Hull) there's a cafe/record/bookshop called Wrecking Ball which has good selection of poetry publications (and a decent coffee): https://wreckingballstore.co.uk/prod...rature/poetry/

(apologies Gare for going a bit off topic)
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

I haven't used the mould tool in that way, yet. About the only thing I've done is create a complex shape in Xara, then export it as an AI/EPS file, to import into Wings 3D to create a one-way extrusion of the shape, then export that to OBJ format, to import to Vue Creator to use for 3D illustrations...

The first image is an aerial view of a Japanese imperial capital within a distant star system. The shape of the city is the chrysanthemum kammon, or the imperial family crest. The second image, was a depiction of the Shogun's imperial flagship, the crest on it's back is the butterfly kammon of the Taira house of the Shogun.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kaidan-kyo-aerial-new.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	190.7 KB 
ID:	133076Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kiyomori-battlestar-new.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	133075

Quote Originally Posted by Jonopen View Post
    @hd - I've just sent for a second-hand copy of that Brian Patten Poetry book. It's illustrated by Chris Riddell which is a great bonus.

I seem to be rediscovering the joy of poetry lately. If you're ever down Whitefriargate (Hull) there's a cafe/record/bookshop called Wrecking Ball which has good selection of poetry publications (and a decent coffee): https://wreckingballstore.co.uk/prod...rature/poetry/

(apologies Gare for going a bit off topic)
    yes we have been to the wrecking ball
    hope you are getting on with gargling with jelly, my daughter loved it

@gare - yes sorry for the digression... have you tried the affinity 2 warp for vector ? - leaves xara's mould behind in the dust...
    Nothing lasts forever...