Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Nice pasting-related update in Xara Designer Pro+

This update in the latest (8th November 2022) update of Xara Designer Pro+ is very welcome!

Other Improvements
    Second and subsequent pastes of the same clipboard contents now work the same way as the initial paste (a list of formats to choose from is shown, if there is a choice). This means if you don’t like the results of the first format you choose, you can simply paste again and choose a different format, without having to re-copy from the source application.

That's bugged me for years, but I never thought to ask that it be changed... I just dutifully went away, copied again, and tried pasting differently!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara - Paste Special.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	8.3 KB 
ID:	133006

Default Re: Nice pasting-related update in Xara Designer Pro+

Yes, it is useful. @behzad for after it for a long time.

Even the tweak for Lock icons is useful.
    I find it strange that the rollover on Unlock flips to Lock for Aspect Ratio but doesn't the other way around and also not at all for the Shape/Layer Locking in the P&L gallery.

If you got there early, you might have seen a number of Jira links in the Release Notes.
    I applauded Xara for finally doing it to discover they went away soon after.
    Even just having the reference number would be great. I was able to see what fixes and features were done in a release. We could use the Jira number to save on ambiguity.
    A number of "goodies" were exposed that I would like Xara to confirm that they can still be shared?

My main beef is the loss of function within the Page & Layer gallery.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat