Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Identify Older Version of Photo & Graphic Designer

you can't get the handles to go completely back, only up to a point; in the photo tool and the quickshape[s] tool you are stuck with them in ver 19; I use version 15.1 to avoid them, also version 11 occasionally for other reasons...

the term '365' is generic on the magic site; it is the product reference, not it's version

I put your splash in tin eye - it came up with references to magix from 2018, but nothing helpful that I could see
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Xara desktop software v19 or older downloads and license keys are currently available in the Magix portal: https://www.magix.com/gb/support/my-service-center/
    For help on downloads, licensing, etc on these versions, then it is best to contact them directly at https://support2.magix.com/customer/ or infoservice@magix.net.

Current versions v20 or higher (v22.4 was released this week) are called the Plus editions and are available directly at https://www.xara.com/us/products/

And here is a comparison chart to see the difference

Please contact us with any questions. Happy to help.

Matt
    Xara

Handrawn: Thanks for the effort. I am checking with my credit card company to nail down exactly when I last purchased an upgrade to PGD. Maybe that purchase date will help me get the right version from Magix.

Matt: Thanks for your input. I go out of my way to avoid SaaS. I just want the software.

Quote Originally Posted by snapfade View Post
    Handrawn: Thanks for the effort. I am checking with my credit card company to nail down exactly when I last purchased an upgrade to PGD. Maybe that purchase date will help me get the right version from Magix.

Matt: Thanks for your input. I go out of my way to avoid SaaS. I just want the software.
    Understand. The Magix portal link I provided above should have the versions that you have purchased with the dates.

Quote Originally Posted by MB365 View Post
    Understand. The Magix portal link I provided above should have the versions that you have purchased with the dates.
    Except all purchased prior to the Magix set-up were transformed into "24/10/2017", which doesn't really help anyone.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Except all purchased prior to the Magix set-up were transformed into "24/10/2017", which doesn't really help anyone.

Acorn

Correct. Not helpful at all. And when I downloaded the latest version I purchased (labeled 365), it turned out to be v15, a version before the last one I purchased. I want to get back to a version between v15 and v19. It may be v16 or v17 or v18. It would be helpful if they had some consistency to version naming. I don't even know if there was a v16,17, or 18, though there is at least one of the three.

Wouldn't it be great of someone at Magix were to offer help?

Quote Originally Posted by snapfade View Post
    Correct. Not helpful at all. And when I downloaded the latest version I purchased (labeled 365), it turned out to be v15, a version before the last one I purchased. I want to get back to a version between v15 and v19. It may be v16 or v17 or v18. It would be helpful if they had some consistency to version naming. I don't even know if there was a v16,17, or 18, though there is at least one of the three.

Wouldn't it be great of someone at Magix were to offer help?
    Have you sent an email to infoservice@magix.net with your need?

Yes. Moments ago. I also included the link to this discussion.

snapfade, this is where we get into the nitty-gritty.

You think you bought a later version and that v15.0 is not it.
    Say, you bought in when v15.0 was around, then you could have gotten a freed update to v15.1.
    After a time, your Update Service expired.

When you try to install on a new PC after expiry, you will be reverted to your purchase version, v15.0.
    The v15.1 was a taster that you could keep alive but never re-install.
    v15.1 cured a number of Bugs that were around in v15.0 but that is the joy of the Update Service.

There were indeed v16, v17, v18 & v19 ones after this.
    You need to evidence your later renewal.

Now in the Magix Products list, you will possibly have an entry Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 365.
    This may have an additional link, Show more details.
    Under this, against a single licence number will be all the versions you bought.
    Not all versions will have a Download link but you may be lucky.

You have bought v19 for around £20-£40. It is worth that and a bit of your time learning how useful it is.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks again, Acorn, I really appreciate your thoughts and suggestions.

As I stated at the outset, the way v19 works with object handles is my problem. It is not a learning experience; I simply do not like how the handles are implemented and choose therefore to use a prior version. Probably v18 or 17. I have written to the folks at Magix support and hopefully they will associate my serial number to the proper version of software. Failing that I will stick with v15 which I have installed now or v11 for which I have the physical disc.

I have spent waaay too much of your time and mine on this little problem and am eager to get back to work with any old version of PGD!

Thanks again for your help, Acorn.

Best,
    tom